Campus Cutie: Spencer Hackett

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

The Basics

Name:  Spencer Hackett

Year:  Junior

Hometown:  Cheshire, Connecticut

Major:  Exercise Science

Relationship Status: Single

Let’s Play Favorites

Favorite…

Time of year and why:  Winter. I love snow.

Place to be and why: On a beach somewhere (Apparently he doesn’t love winter that much).

Drink of choice: Mojito!

Ice Cream Flavor: Reese’s Cup

Sport to Watch: Hockey or football

Sport to Play: I’d have to go with lacrosse, but it used to be hockey.

Q&A:

CO: Third year on SHU’s Lacrosse Team! Time flies. What has changed since freshman year?

SH: A lot has changed. We have had some great guys leave that I looked up to as a freshman and now our class is the veteran group.

CO: How is the team looking so far? Good group of guys?

SH: We’re looking pretty solid. We have some shoes to fill after last year, but I think everyone on the team now is ready to step up to do that. And, of course they’re a good group of guys!

CO: What about your future career goals? What is your “dream job”?

SH: After I finish my undergrad, I want to go to med school and eventually get my PhD. I definitely consider this my dream job as of now.

CO: As much as we hate to think about it, we’re more than halfway through with college! What will you miss most?

SH: It’s definitely too early to think about that. I expect these last two years to be the best yet so I guess we have to enjoy them as much as we can so one day we can miss and appreciate them.

We can’t wait to see Spencer take the field this spring! Sacred Heart Men’s Lacrosse has their first home game February 28th against Yale. Go Heart!

Colleen O'Melia

Sacred Heart

Colleen O'Melia is a senior at Sacred Heart University. She is an English major with a concentration in Writing. Aside from being the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Sacred Heart, she is President of Sacred Heart's Education Club, volunteers at a local schools, and mentors young students.