Campus Cutie: Colleen Gonnaughton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Meet this week’s campus cutie! Colleen Connaughton!

Colleen is a junior psychology major with a minor in speech language pathology here at SHU! She is from Hopewell Junction, NY and plays club volleyball. Colleen chose Sacred Heart because she felt a sense of community on campus. She is also a fellow sister of Zeta Tau Alpha, but recently gave up her letters to be a recruitment counselor, to help other girls find their home. 

Colleen said that when she first came to Sacred Heart she did not know anything about Greek Life, or any of the sororities on campus. She came from a small high school where she knew everyone and going to a big school where you only know a few people is a big change. This is when Colleen knew that she wanted to be a part of a sorority. She wanted to join Greek life to meet more people and broaden her friendships; to see more familiar faces and really make SHU her home. When recruitment time came her freshman year she was overwhelmed with all of the sororities we have here on campus. She did not know how she would ever choose or find her home because every sorority has something unique and amazing about them. Colleen said when it came time for Pref day and she had to choose, she cried because she met so many great girls and did not know how she could ever pick. Upon entering Zeta Tau Alpha’s Pref, she got to talk to her now Big, Jade. Colleen said she felt an instant connection with Jade and knew that she wanted Zeta to be her home. After recruiting for Zeta her Sophomore year, she decided that for her Junior year she wanted to help other girls find their home. 

Giving up her letters was scary and she said she was super nervous. She was afraid she was going to miss out and have a hard time being with her friends; especially because all the girls get super close during recruitment. However, she soon realized that being a Recruitment Counselor is just as fun! Colleen said she made so many knew friends and she loved meeting other girls from different sororities. Helping other girls find their home is so rewarding because everyone has a place where they belong, and she even said she would be a recruitment counselor again! Being a recruitment counselor gave her a new outlook on Greek Life as a whole and helped her realize how we all support each other.  While it was fun, she is eager to be back with her sisters, Bid Day is the best day!!! 

From one Zista to another… Welcome back!

Paige Falco

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.