Campus Cutie: Christian Colon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

The Basics: 

Name: Christian Colón

Nicknames: Sometimes they call me Chris. But I just put on a confused face when I get that.

Year: I am a junior. Class of ’17!

Major: Double major in criminal justice and communications with a concentration in journalism.

Hometown: I am from West Haven, CT. But fun fact: I lived in Puerto Rico for 5 years. 

Relationship Status: Single & ready to mingle. 

On campus involvements: So I kind of like to be busy all the time. I am a brother of Delta Tau Delta. I am the Co-President of La Hispanidad, a Co-Copy Editor for Spectrum, and a staff reporter for The Pulse. Other cool things that I do – I am a Student Ambassador and I was an Orientation Leader for the class of 2019…. And then I randomly joined theatre last year. 

Hobbies/Interests: I really like to eat. I also like to people watch. I honestly don’t have hobbies. I kinda just do whatever. 

Favorites:

Being a Pioneer: Talking to the parents of prospective students and hoping to receive future Pioneers.

Professor: Alicastro is the man! 

Class: Anything but philosophy.

Study location: Mohog. 

Band/Singer: Bruno Mars hands down. 

Movie: Transformers. I bought an Autobot sticker for my first car. But then I totaled it so…

Social Media: Insta: Cjcol2, hit me up with a like or follow!

Holiday: Christmas Eve because my family roasts a pig every year. 

Location on campus: The Mohog after dark. 

Location off campus: Galaxy Diner has the best cream of broccoli soup.

Drink of choice: Asking for the water cup at Moe’s and getting Sprite instead. #rebel

Food of choice (on or off campus): Linda’s wrap station, or Moe’s.

This or That:

Linda’s or 63’s: Linda’s. 

Night in or night out: Night out. 

Summer or winter: Summer. I hate the cold.

Blondes or brunettes: Brunettes. 

Fun Facts:

Biggest pet peeve: Using a napkin to clean your teeth. It freaks me out.  

Celeb crush: Victoria Justice. Don’t judge. 

Ideal date: I’m a very easygoing guy, so I would be down for whatever kind of adventure.

What do you look for in a girl?: Just have a sense of humor

Deal Breakers: I love when girls can be sarcastic – I mean, you’re basically half way there.

Biggest dream: News anchor for ABC News. 

Best piece of advice you’ve been given: “Live for the stories” is my go to. 

Fun Questions:

What do you like about Delta Tau Delta?

I love that I can depend on a group of people, and know that they will be there for you even if you don’t talk to them all the time.

How was it being an Orientation Leader?

Being an orientation leader was one of the best moments of my life. I finally considered myself a leader after this experience. I met so many people who are now my closest friends.

You intern at ABC News – so awesome! Who is the coolest person you have come across?

David Muir is one of the top anchors I look up too. So one day I was walking towards the bathroom and he was casually walking by. #starstruck

Any advice for media majors that want to pursue what you are doing right now?

As a media major expect to dedicate a lot of time to your career. You cannot take college for granted. Make sure you get involved and try to be the best you can be. Never let anyone stop you from making your dreams come true and be ready to be criticized because that is the only way you will get better.

We see you are very stylish. What is your favorite store and why?

H&M is my go-to place.

One last thing…if you could bring anyone to formal, who would it be? 

If I could bring anyone to formal it would have to be my celeb crush.

Noelle Mayne

Sacred Heart

Noelle is a freshman at Sacred Heart University. She's from a small town in Connecticut, but loves nothing more than being in a big city. Along with starting her journey as a HerCampus member, she's excited to be continuing her 12-year-long dancing career at Sacred Heart. She also loves dogs and is currently trying to figure out how to sneak hers into her dorm room!
Mass Communications student at Sacred Heart University - Addicted to traveling, brunch, and looking at instagram accounts of puppies and small animals - Love yourself!