Campus Celebrity: SHU Love Your Melon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Campus Celebrity:  SHU Love Your Melon Crew

President of the club: Stephanie Roth

Year: Senior

Major: Marketing with a concentration in Digital Advertising

Hometown: Florham Park, New Jersey

What exactly is Love Your Melon?

Love Your Melon is an apparel brand run by college students across the country on a mission to give a hat to every child battling cancer in America. Love Your Melon has also partnered with the Pinky Swear Foundation to provide immediate support for children battling cancer and with CureSearch for Children’s Cancer to fund research initiatives to beat childhood cancer completely.

How did you get involved with this organization, was there a specific experience/ moment when you knew you wanted to start a crew here at SHU?

I was on Facebook one day and I saw these adorable beanies so I clicked on them. Little did I know the meaning behind the beanie would mean so much to me. I instantly fell in love with the cause and I needed to bring it to Sacred Heart University.

Word on the street is, LYM has a waiting list? How does that make you feel? Your club has such a strong following people that are waiting to be apart of it!

It makes me so happy knowing that so many people want to help this amazing cause. We went from 10 members last spring to almost 40 in less than a year!

What do you see for the future of SHU LYM ?

When I graduate, I hope to see SHU LYM continue to grow with even more members and I hope the crew continues to go on many household and hospital visits. Household and hospital visits are when crew members dressed in superhero costumes get to bring LYM beanies to children who are battling cancer (we like to call them our own little superheroes).

How does LYM participate and get involved with activities other than just selling hats? What’s at the heart of LYM?

It is so much more than selling hats. We are on a mission to end childhood cancer all while making a difference in children’s lives with household and hospital visits. There is nothing like seeing them smile and distracting them from their treatment. It truly is life changing. 

For anyone looking to get involved, feel free to email Stephanie at roths4@mail.sacredheart.edu to join.

Haley is a sophomore at Sacred Heart University, with a minor in Fahshion Marketing. She loves hanging out with her pup and going for adventures in nature.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.