This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Celebrity: Joe Massaro

Year: Senior

Hometown: Mineola, NY

Major: Media Studies and Broadcasting

Joe spent last year’s spring break in Delaware working with Habitat for Humanity.

What activities are you involved with on campus?

I am on the Men’s Club Lacrosse team, and I am also a member of Habitat for Humanity. I am also Co-Chair of Public Relations for the Senior Class Student Government Board, the Vice President of Kappa Sigma Fraternity, a Global Ambassador, the Student Union Manager, and an Orientation Leader during the summer.

What is your favorite campus activity that you participate in?

My favorite activity is being a member and the Vice President of Kappa Sigma. I share such a strong bond with my brothers and we have so many similar interests. We enjoy finding new things to do and getting more involved on campus in any way that we can. If it wasn’t for joining Kappa Sigma my freshman year, I wouldn’t still be at Sacred Heart. My big has also played a very important role during my college years.

What are you involved in outside of school?

I am currently interning at the Jerry Springer and Steve Wilkos show in Stamford, CT. I am constantly meeting new people, and I love the studio experience. Working backstage is always a lot of fun, and I am always making sure I keep the guests happy.

How did you land this internship?

I landed the job through Sacred Heart and just took advantage of the benefits of my major.

How do you balance all of your commitments with your school work?

I am constantly trying to organize myself, and I am always writing my schedule down. I feel that being involved helps me keep track of my work and all of the balancing truly helps me grow as a person.

What do you plan to do after you graduate from Sacred Heart?

I plan on working in a studio somewhere either backstage as a producer or in front of the camera reporting the daily news. I would also love to open my own restaurant later on in life to follow my father’s footsteps.

What has been your favorite college memory?

My favorite memory would have to be studying abroad in Rome. It really went beyond just the “study abroad” experience. I really got into the culture and explored all of the city. I strongly recommend that everyone study abroad if they can. Studying abroad really takes you outside of your norm, and it can be the best part about one’s college experience.

This winter, Joe plans on joining Habitat on their mission trip to Mississippi. We wish him and the rest of Habitat the best of luck!

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.