clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Celebrity: Gina Silveri

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Here’s to our campus celeb Gina Silveri, President of Kappa Delta Sorority! This girl can do it all, and she is ready to take on whatever challenges come her way.  Gina’s dedication and passion is contagious and inspiring to students here at Sacred Heart.  We wish her the best of luck come spring– especially come graduation. We know that she can achieve anything she sets her heart on. 

Name: Gina Silveri

Year: Senior

Major: Health Science

Hometown: Huntington, NY

Organization: Kappa Delta Sorority

What organizations/clubs are you involved with on campus?

I am the president of Kappa Delta Sorority. I am also a member of the Pre- Occupational Therapy and Health Science Club.

As a senior, what has been your most memorable or rewarding moment at SHU?

My most memorable and rewarding moment at Sacred Heart was freshman year recruitment weekend when I received my bid for Kappa Delta. This organization has changed my life in so many ways and I am so thankful to be a part of it. I have gained my best friends at Sacred Heart through Kappa Delta and experienced so many fun and memorable times with each of them. One of the things I value about being a KD is the amazing opportunity this organization has provided me. It has taught me how to be a leader.

As president of KD, what would you tell someone who was interested in joining Greek life?

Joining Greek life was one of the best decisions I have ever made! Not only has it provided me with wonderful opportunities, but I’ve also gained a ton of amazing friendships with my sisters as well as friends in other organizations. Being a part of something greater than yourself is such an experience. The bond I share with my sisters is truly indescribable.

How are you handling everything on your plate this fall, between schoolwork, employment, and activities?

The beginning of fall semester is always a little crazy in preparing for recruitment and adjusting to a new school schedule, but I find keeping myself busy allows me to be organized and well-balanced.

What are your plans after graduating in the spring?

After graduating, I am hoping to be accepted to a graduate Occupational Therapy program where I can continue my education and, ultimately, achieve my career goal.

What is your ultimate dream job?

My ultimate dream job would be working as an O.T. for kids with special needs. This past summer I had an internship working in a school with children. It was an amazing experience. Having this opportunity to work with them was so rewarding.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I love going on adventures.

Finally, how has being an involved student on campus been a rewaring experience?

Sacred Heart has provided me with many amazing friendships and opportunities throughout my four years here. The support and kind-heartedness from the staff, faculty, and students has defiantly made my time as a student at SHU so memorable.

Gina and her sorority’s council at Kappa Delta’s National Collegiate Training Academy in Chicago this past January.

Katie Gennusa

Sacred Heart

Katie Gennusa is a Senior at Sacred Heart University. She is a Communications major, with a concentration in Public Relations, and a minor in Business Administration. Aside from being a Her Campus Staff writer, she is President of Kappa Delta Sorority and Editor-In-Chief of Pioneer Magazine. Katie enjoys going to SoulCycle and working at a local boutique in her town. She hopes to one day own her own business.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.