Campus Celebrity: Deirdre Schaefer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

About Deirdre:

Full name: Deirdre Schaefer       

Year: Junior        

Hometown: New Hyde Park, NY                 

Major: Business Administration

Campus Involvement: Student Government and Kappa Delta Sorority          

Birthday: September 23, 1994           

Favorite Color: Pink

Favorite Quote: “So the pie isn’t perfect? Cut it into wedges. Stay in control, and never panic.”

Favorite Food: NY Pizza (BBQ chicken slice)

Deirdre posing in GREECE! 

Campus Activities:

EV: Tell us a little about your involvement in student government.

DS: My involvement with student government at Sacred Heart began my freshman year. More specifically, I am a part of the student senate. I have enjoyed my time being a part of this club and have met many new people, many of which I call my friends. Being a part of this club makes me feel as if I have a part in making Sacred Heart a better university. Our class board is in the midst of planning Mr. SHU, so be on the lookout for more information regarding the event on May 1st!

EV: Tell us a little about your sorority.

DS: I have been a member of Kappa Delta since my freshman year and have met my best friends while being a part of my sorority. I believe Kappa Delta has so much to offer as a sorority at Sacred Heart, as it is all about promoting confidence, which is something everyone needs a boost of from time to time. We are a very active sorority and host many events, such as ShamROCK the Runway. This is a fashion show on campus where all of the models are students! All of the money raised from this event is donated to Prevent Child Abuse America and The Center for Family Justice. The event is on March 11th so everyone should come support!

EV: Tell us about your study abroad experience. The pictures are amazing!

DS: For my study abroad trip, I went to Rome during the Spring 2014 semester and I had an amazing experience. While I was there, I visited six countries and fifteen cities. I encourage anyone thinking about studying abroad to do it! Some of my favorite memories from my trip were seeing my family from England, going Spring Break Island hopping in Greece, and attending Easter Mass at the Vatican.

EV: What do you hope to do with your major in the future?

DS: I hope to be the next Martha Stewart. I love anything that has to do with cooking, baking, interior design, and event planning. I am a business major so I hope to learn how to manage my own business someday.

Erin Vimini is a senior at Sacred Heart University. She is an English major with a concentration in writing. She is also in the five year program for teaching and is interested in becoming an elementary school teacher. Her favorite season is the fall because she loves to go apple and pumpkin picking. She likes to spend her free time going for a run and baking.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.