This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

There is nothing worse than having a million things due, and not being able to focus.  From the time you sit down at your desk, until the time you’re three coffees deep, you’re wondering where it all went wrong. I know a lot of people like to set up shop in the library and stay there until the wee hours of the morning– however, I am not one of those people. I find the library distracting, and I end up being less productive than I would have been in the comfort of my own home. So for those of you that are like me, here are a few get away locations that are bound to help you get in the zone, and get everything done. 

Las Vetas Lounge 

This eclectic cafe is the perfect spot to go when you have a 10 page paper due the next day and you’ve hardly started. It’s tucked away just off Post Road so it’s super easy to get to; and it’s a great place to study with friends. They also have a good selection of snacks to choose from as well as a caramel latte (it’s called the turtle). WiFi is free and they’re open until 9 so you have plenty of time to get there after class! 

Source Coffeehouse 

This is more of a recent discovery. It’s not in the best area, but if you go with a friend during the day it’s totally worth it. The avocado toast is ridiculously good and is the perfect addition to a typical study ‘sesh. It has a light and bright atmosphere perfect for getting in the right mindset to get your work done for the week! 

Shearwater Coffee Bar 

This coffee bar is the perfect place for those days where you feel like being productive. If you have a few things you want to get done in advance, this is the place for you. The coffee is amazing and the atmosphere is super relaxed. You will have no problem focusing here, and you will feel ten times better when you leave having finished next week’s homework assignments early. 

I encourage you to check out these cool spots next time you’re looking for a place with good food & coffee and zero distractions. Happy studying!

Currently on a mission to become a successful boss lady in the fashion world.
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.