priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash

Aligning The Stars Of Love: Your Venus Horoscope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Confession: I am a Zodiac junkie. Some call it pseudoscience, but I call it the definition of my life. Don’t laugh until you’ve read your natal chart on café astrology and see your life laid out in front of you. It’s so accurate it’s scary! According to the universe, I am a fierce and proud lioness. If you are anything like myself, you take great pride in what you are, live by your horoscopes religiously, and cannot imagine yourself being any other sign. But before you go criticizing your other fellow members of the Zodiac, make sure you are well aware of your true identity. Believe it or not, you are actually a compilation of multiple signs! Before you think too hard and hurt yourself, understand that numerous signs feed into your personality. Different planets represent the different aspects of yourself– for example, the way you communicate, think, or behave in romantic relationships. Venus is a representation of how you love. In other words, you may be a Libra overall, but if your Venus is in Scorpio then you love like a Scorpio. Read on for your love horoscope based on the sign in which your Venus is located. To find your Venus sign, check out your natal chart on CafeAstrology.com!

Capricorn

Since she loves, ‘oh so cautiously,’ Venus in Capricorn prefers a structured and predictable relationship. She is not very spontaneous, but rather takes great pride in her ability to have self-control. Venus in Capricorn tends to play the loner role and most definitely refrains from wearing her heart on her sleeve. She has a shy nature and internally, but she secretly has a desire for genuine love. Her immense stubbornness prevents her from ever admitting such a thing. There is nothing that attracts Venus in Capricorn more than a serious and ambitious lover!

Aquarius

Venus in Aquarius is known for bucking the trend. She expects her lovers to admire her individuality and unprejudiced spirit! To suit her liberal lifestyle, she prefers a unique relationship. She seeks a lover and a friend; someone to goof around with, but most importantly someone who appreciates her intelligence and ability to dream big. If you try to possess or restrain her, expect her to run far away! Being outwardly emotional may cause her to take off in the opposite direction.

Pisces

Venus in Pisces is a romantic lover (oo lala!). She is not one to jump into a relationship, but would rather take her time to sense if a connection exists with a potential lover. Venus in Pisces loves unconditionally. She accepts you for your true self and is more concerned with your inner self. To her, inequality in relationships is actually a likable characteristic! Translation: she loves to play the hero – or even the victim depending on the scenario. She has difficulty committing since she is extremely open to all opportunities. Understanding her is difficult because she doesn’t even understand herself. A Venus in Pisces will always keep you on the edge of your seat, so hang on tight!

Aries

Venus in Aries is not very shy. You will be well aware of her openly flirtatious personality. She is both independent and a risk taker. In love, she focuses greatly on herself, which some find to be very attractive. Venus in Aries also gives off an innocent vibe. She prefers child-like relationships, filled with fun times, playfulness, and immense energy. She places great prominence on maintaining the freshness you feel when first beginning a new relationship. This can be done through spontaneity, and even competition, since Venus in Aries loves competing and being the leader! Other than for the sake of fun, she hates playing relationship games. She values truthfulness and directness!

Taurus

Venus in Taurus is pleasured most by a sensual environment. She prefers a somewhat predictable and reliable relationship. In terms of love, she is scared of fast-paced environments and prefers to be more comfortable and low-key. She can be possessive and requires physical attention to tend to her needs. Venus in Taurus is not a fan of change and tends to become overly comfortable with her partner. Despite her opposition to change, you can always depend on her! She loves expressions of loyalty and knowing she is worthy in your eyes. She is stubborn and doesn’t like feeling forced in love, so have patience!

Gemini

Venus in Gemini attracts her lovers through her great ability to communicate. She is clever, intelligent, and diverse. She has a playful personality and loves to tease. Venus in Gemini hates feeling restricted.  She has trouble committing, for she fears becoming too comfortable with her lover. She can talk for hours but in a more lighthearted manner rather than deep, intense discussions. Relationships with her are like a roller coaster ride since her mind changes so frequently. She needs time and space for dedication to other relationships outside her romantic ones. Her loquacious manner, intellect, and fun-loving spirit are part of her charm, and she appreciates when lovers acknowledge this!

Cancer

Venus in Cancer loves a predictable and committed relationship. She is sensitive and therefore lovers must be careful with her heart. This may be a result of her great observant ability. Venus in Cancer needs security and when deprived of your attention she may act moody and deliberately ignore you. She is emotional and fears being left alone. Like a crab, when heartbroken, she withdrawals into her, “shell,” and has difficultly coming out. When feeling rejected, she will resort to extreme measures to figure out how you truly feel. If given the right kind of love, Venus in Cancer will devote her time to caring and loving you– but in order to receive you must be willing to give!

Leo

Venus in Leo takes great pride in her mate. She is demanding and must constantly be reminded of how special she is. Love is considered the end-game in her life. She is loyal but thrives on attention and has no shame admitting the attention she receives from others. Venus in Leo has high expectations. She needs sexual attention in order to feel satisfied in a relationship. This jealousy is a turn-on! Nothing makes her happier than feeling attractive. Being reminded of her beauty is the key to her heart. Treat her well and you will be repaid with warmth, generosity, and kind-hearted love!

Virgo

Venus in Virgo is not the flirtatious type. In terms of love she is shy and has low self-esteem, which explains her sensitivity. She must be certain of her mate’s feelings before expressing those of her own. Venus in Virgo shows how much she cares through her dedication to the relationship, rather than in a grandiose manner. She listens well and takes note of the small details that make up her mate. She nags and critiques, but only out of love. She is all about discrete acts of kindness and loves when you appreciate these gestures. Venus in Virgo is easily pleased. She will make her way into your heart without you even realizing.

Libra

Venus in Libra is gentle and kind. She refrains from confrontation and offensive behavior. Her love is so elegant it almost seems artificial, but she truly does value equality and fairness. She is passive aggressive when inequality begins to plague the relationship. She will even willingly adapt and accommodate to you. She is insulted when people take advantage of her niceness and flexibility. She is open, especially about relationship matters. Openness is not just a likable quality, but also a turn-on!  

Scorpio

Venus in Scorpio is fiercely loyal in relationships and gives you undivided attention. She is deep on a multitude of levels. Her loyalty is strong and her possessiveness appears to be attractive. She is not scared of an intimate relationship and is guaranteed to please you sexually. She will explore her mate, but is less willing to explore when it comes to matters involving herself. Venus in Scorpio is intense and controlling and she loves to feel appreciated physically and emotionally. Acts of devotion are essential to her. She makes it obvious and clear when she is unhappy. No one messes with a Scorpio! Venus is Scorpio have the gift of seeing mates and people in general, for who they truly are.

Sagittarius

Venus in Sagittarius stresses togetherness. She wants both her and her lover to progress together, through learning and experience. She is a combination of happy-go-lucky and serious. Her attractiveness stems from her amicable and comical behavior, as well as her ability to dream big. She is proud of her open-mindedness but she is also known to pass judgment. She seeks a lively partner who loves to philosophize and argue. She is intolerable to excess emotion and will hide when feeling bombarded. In this type of situation Venus in Sagittarius will usually, but not always, come out from hiding after experiencing something new. She loves life and admires those who think likewise!

Shout out to Café Astrology for providing me with the useful information needed to write this intriguing post!

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.