7 Delightful Fall Reads for the Avid Bookworm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Fall is the perfect season to cozy up with a hot cup of pumpkin spice latte and immerse yourself in a captivating book. If you’re a bookworm looking to get lost in enchanting tales while curled up in your favorite blanket, we’ve got you covered! Here are seven delightful fall reads that will transport you to different realms and warm your heart.

1. “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald;

Step into the mesmerizing world of 1920s America, known as the Jazz Age, and experience the allure and extravagance of that era. Explore the tale of Jay Gatsby as he chases after the American Dream, all narrated through Nick Carraway’s eyes. Fitzgerald’s writing beautifully delves into themes of love, ambition, and the excesses of that time.

2. “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen;

Immerse yourself in the setting of Regency England as you follow Elizabeth Bennet’s journey through conventions, witty conversations, and unexpected love stories. Jane Austen’s timeless masterpiece blends romance, wit, and insightful societal observations.

3. Travel into the town of Maycomb, Alabama, during the 1930s as young Scout Finch tells a tale of racial injustice, compassion, and the loss of innocence. Harper Lees’s acclaimed novel “To Kill a Mockingbird” delves into questions of morality and the enduring power of empathy.

4. In Colleen Hoover’s thought-provoking book “It Ends with Us, ” join Lily Bloom on a charged journey as she navigates the complexities of love, loss, and finding the strength to break free from toxic and abusive cycles. This captivating novel explores resilience, inner strength, and the significance of making choices.

5. Step into Emily’s world in Grace Harper’s story “The Autumn Wish List.” Follow her quest to fulfill her autumn wish list filled with visits to pumpkin patches, cozy movie nights by the fireplace, and unexpected encounters with love. This heartwarming tale will reignite your belief in the magic that fall brings.

6. Experience a fairytale in Isabella Knightley’s “Falling for Fairytale,” where Aurora finds herself swept away in a whirlwind romance with a mysterious stranger. Set in a charming European city during the fall season, this captivating story will transport you to a world of timeless romance, breathtaking landscapes, and happily ever afters.

7. “The Autumn Bookshop” by Lily Harper welcomes you into a bookshop located in a sleepy town. Follow Clara’s journey as she embarks on an adventure filled with mystery and self-discovery as an introverted bookworm with a love for everything autumn. Clara’s life takes a turn when she stumbles upon a hidden journal containing intriguing messages. Brace yourself for a heartwarming story that celebrates love, friendship, and the transformative power of books.

These seven delightful fall reads are perfect companions for anyone seeking a touch of magic, romance, and cozy escapism. From classic literature to contemporary gems, each can transport avid book lovers to different worlds and emotions. So grab a blanket, find a cozy nook, and get lost in the pages of these enchanting stories that will make your fall season genuinely unforgettable. Happy reading, lovely bookworms!

Isha Qaiser

Sacred Heart '25

Hi loves! My name is Isha Qaiser. I'm currently a junior at Sacred Heart University and transferred from Seton Hall. My love for the world of numbers and investments is what inspired me to choose finance as my major. When I'm not learning financial data or completing assignments, I like to explore my interests and hobbies. I find solace in pilates sessions, indulge in retail therapy, and immersing myself in the realities of books and museums. Self-care is evident for me and I consistently devote myself to skin-care and rejuvenating activities including yoga, spa visits, and pampering sessions like mani-pedis and massages. In my high school, Saint Dominic Academy, I was a member of Mu Alpha Theta, a math honor society club. I was apart of a glee choir and had the privilege of performing at Carnegie Hall. I also have loved playing tennis and badminton since elementary school. When I was enrolled in Seton Hall, I was a campaign ambassador for "College Fashionista." CF combined my love for fashion and marketing, and gives me the opportunity to receive and promote viral products, and enjoy free gifting. Currently, at Sacred Heart, I am a member of the Finance & Econ. Club, Accounting Club, Fashion Club, and a writer for HER campus Club. Looking ahead, I aspire to achieve success and happiness while being surrounded by love, support, and positivity. Ultimately, I would either like to be a Finance VP at Goldman Sachs, financial analyst at Google, or Finance advisor at JPMorgan. I want to make a mark in the finance industry, and am determined to create a life of abundance and embrace a thriving future.