kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

6 Ways to Unwind After a Stressful Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

by Corinne Blanchette

As Friday rolls around, another stressful week is in the books. From balancing studying, a job, extra curriculars, and your social life, being a student can be overwhelming at times. That’s why it is important to implement self-care and rewarding activities into our routines so that we can relax and unwind. Besides, what better way to celebrate Friday than with a facemask and some Netflix?

1. Movie-Marathon

There is nothing more relaxing than getting into your favorite pair of sweatpants and having a movie marathon with some friends. Bake some cookies and order a pizza as you watch your favorite rom-coms, or really any movie with Zac Efron in it. Or, get into the Halloween spirit by watching all of the throwback Disney Halloween movies! A movie marathon will make for a great night with some friends, and it’s the perfect way to unwind after a long week. 

2. Craft Night

For all my artsy girls out there, a craft night is a great way to relax and process all that you accomplished during your busy week. And, my favorite thing about art is that there are no rules! Paint something for your room, make a gift for a friend, or color in a coloring book; creating in general is a great way to relax your mind and forget about everything that has you feeling overwhelmed. I personally find watercolor painting to be very therapeutic, and I love to share my creations with my friends!

3. Discover New Music

It is not a secret that music is therapeutic. One of my favorite things to do at the end of each week is to explore new music on Spotify’s Release Radar. Spotify is my favorite place to stream music because of all of the playlists that are tailored to fit the interests of the listener. Recently, I’ve been obsessed with Post Malone’s new album “Hollywood’s Bleeding.” I also suggest going outside of your comfort zone to explore new genres. You might just discover a new type of music that you enjoy, and it will be a great change of pace for the new week ahead. 

4. Binge Watch YouTube Videos

We all know how enjoyable it is to binge watch Netflix, but we can’t forget about YouTube! YouTube is a great way to enjoy entertainment from thousands of creators with different types of videos. Put on a face mask and watch a “How It Works” video, catch up on the new David Dobrik Vlog, find a DIY video for your next Pinterest Post, or watch the new Carpool Karaoke video you missed from last week! YouTube is a fun way to explore new ideas to spark new inspiration. Not to mention, the content can be pretty hilarious.

5. Yoga

Recently, I have found yoga to be a great way to take a step back and reflect. Yoga is a perfect combination of challenge and relaxation, which always leaves me feeling refreshed and grounded at the end of each class. If you have not tried it before, I suggest stepping outside of your comfort zone and attending a yoga class. Look into your college’s fitness classes to see if yoga is offered! Bring some friends and cheer each other on as you attempt new poses and headstands! Yoga is a great way to unwind while exercising healthy habits.

6. Organize and Declutter

One of my personal favorite ways of destressing is getting rid of extra clutter filling my space. Whether that is donating new clothes or organizing your desk drawers, decluttering can allow you to feel more put together and ready to face the new week. Put on “Good as Hell” by Lizzo and tackle the parts of your space that you tend to neglect or avoid. I guarantee that you will feel more clear-minded in the end.

I hope these tips help you find a new method to relax and enjoy yourself at the end of a hectic week. Grab some friends and try out these ideas as you stroll into the weekend.

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.
Nina Lauria

Sacred Heart

Nina is a Biology major with a Chemistry minor on the Physician's Assistant track. She has always loved medicine just as much as fashion and blogging. Nina hopes to one day concentrate in Pediatric Oncology and help find a cure for cancer!