diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

5 Tips for a Good Semester, Given by a College Sophomore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

1. Stay organized and plan!

In college you may have academics, clubs, sports, and other personal commitments. This can be very confusing, so it is important to stay on top of it. Opt for a more traditional approach and use a planner. Some people prefer to write stuff down. For others, just writing in your notes or calendar on your phone, laptop or tablet can be super helpful in staying on track.

2. Get you sleep!

You hear it all the time but that’s because it’s true. Being well rested and having a good night’s sleep can lead to a more productive, positive day. It also helps to take breaks during the day, so don’t try to do too much in one day. Know what you can do to maintain minimum stress.

3. Eat good, to feel good!

Eating healthy can be hard in college because you have limited options. It is important to overcome this. Try new things to find what you like and make sure you eat three meals a day. It takes about 21 days to start a healthy habit that can last longer!

4. Save Money!

College is expensive and so is living on your own. For essentials like textbooks, use discount websites to get a cheaper rate for your mandatory class material. Also, so many places offer discounts for college students whether it’s big companies or local businesses. Most importantly, cut back and only spend money on the necessities.

5. Get Moving!

Go to the gym! It is a great way to feel healthy mentally and physically. If you aren’t the type that likes to go to the gym, try taking a class to motivate you. It could be cycling, Zumba, yoga, Pilates, etc. Even something as simple as taking a walk outside with your friends.

Celia Zevon

Sacred Heart '22

My name is Celia and I'm from Rhode Island! I am a senior pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Communications Studies with a double minor in Creative/Professional Writing and Digital Marketing. Happy reading!
Nina Lauria

Sacred Heart

Nina is a Biology major with a Chemistry minor on the Physician's Assistant track. She has always loved medicine just as much as fashion and blogging. Nina hopes to one day concentrate in Pediatric Oncology and help find a cure for cancer!