woman snowflakes winter clothing 54206jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
woman snowflakes winter clothing 54206jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Kristin Vogt via Pexels.com

5 Fun Snow Day Activities!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Grey skies and cold weather got you feeling blue? It doesn’t have to be that way if you don’t want it to! Here’s a couple of fun things that you can do in the snow to get yourself feeling happy and excited again!! 

1. Make Hot Chocolate! 

Shallow Focus Photography of Cafe Late
Photo by Kevin Menajang from Pexels

Nothing feels cozier than a nice cup of hot cocoa on a freezing day! Whether or not you choose to add some Bailey’s and Kahlua (21+ of course!), that’s between you and your mug! 

2. Build an igloo or snow fort!

Gingerbread Cookies
Photo by Jill Wellington from Pexels

This is one is so fun and even better with your housemates or family! Not only is it a snow day tradition, but it’s a great way to get outside and enjoy the fresh, brisk air from a new perspective!

3. Movie Niiight!

Couple watching Netflix
Photo by cottonbro from Pexels

There’s literally nothing better than grabbing some blankets, pillows, and snacks, and cozying up to watch a good movie. And if it’s Pride and Prejudice, call me! 

4. Go Sledding! 

Nothing to do on your snow day? No worries! Grab a sled and your fav mask and head to the park for some fun sledding time with your friends! 

5. Create Something 

woman painting
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels

Whether it’s painting, music, writing – be creative! The world is your oyster! Also, making art really helps the time to fly too! Throw on your favorite playlist and get in the zone. Enjoy! 

And voila! Hopefully these tips can help you enjoy your snow day(s)! Stay warm my friends! 

Hope Lecours

Sacred Heart '21

Hey! I'm Hope, and I'm a senior at SHU! I love the beach, being with my friends, and being in nature. So nice to meet you!
Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)