This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Somehow it’s already November, which means Christmas is right around the corner!

Back up, I’m getting ahead of myself. Let me correct that- Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

Thanksgiving is tied to cozy sweaters and sweet pecan pie, but also jammed grocery stores and stressed out kitchens. While at home I love hosting Thanksgiving, I absolutely hate all the prep work that comes with it.

Last year I decided to host a “Friendsgiving”, thinking it would somehow be less prep work than actual Thanksgiving. What a stupid little girl I was last year. Hosting a Friendsgiving was just a tiresome, if not more tiresome than hosting my family for Thanksgiving! Though the prep work was plentiful, I want to host yet another Friendsgiving, because seriously who doesn’t love sitting around a table getting drunk and munching on pecan pie with your friends?

To save myself sometime, (and sanity), I’ve rounded up 5 easy AF and seriously delectable Friendsgiving recipes.

1. Easy Sweet Potato Casserole

We all know that sweet potato casserole is a dessert disguised as a side dish, (but I’m not complaining). For this recipe all you need is sweet potatoes or yams, sugar, and butter. So simple, yet oh so yummy.

2. Apple Sausage Stuffing

Besides pantry basics like olive oil and salt and pepper this recipe only needs five (count it, 5) ingredients. It’s got the Rachel Ray seal of approval too, so you know it’s going to be good.

3. Garlic and Bacon Green Beans

So personally I’m not a huge fan of green bean casserole, but Thanksgiving isn’t Thanksgiving without green beans. Especially when bacon is included in the recipe. Just throw everything into one pan and let those flavors combine into heavenly goodness.

4. Cornbread

This recipe is seriously so simple. The Jiffy cornbread mix does all the work. Just combine milk, 1 egg, and the cornbread mix and you’re finished. I’m serious. That simple.

5. Pumpkin Pull-Apart Bread

To round out your Friendsgiving food coma indulge in this quintessential Thanksgiving dessert. Pair this dessert with a PSL, or any other basic fall drink, for the ultimate Friendsgiving.

Whatever you decide to make for Friendsgiving, you and your friends will definitely have a fun time enjoying each other’s company!

Foodie, Dog lover. Shu Lax '19
Laura Lampert

Sacred Heart

Laura is a Communications Studies major with a concentration in Digital Marketing/PR.  Campus Correspondent at Sacred Heart, overly-involved, and always five minutes late with an iced coffee.