Halloween Hub Concept 2019 Static Hero 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Halloween Hub Concept 2019 Static Hero 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
Style

4 Easy and Trendy Halloween Group Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

It is time to get excited because we have officially entered spooky season; though it may seem different this year, it is extremely fun and exciting to plan ahead for halloweekend. Heading into halloweekend it is important to keep covid restrictions in mind so with that being said whether you are in a group of 2, 3 or even 5, these costumes are Covid-19 friendly and are fun ways to embrace this fall season. I hope this list gives everyone some cute inspo and ideas to properly celebrate halloweekend; let’s get spooky and happy haunting to all, stay safe always!

Milk-Bone Halloween Mask and Bandana Set
Milk-Bone

The Cheetah Girls

“YOU GOTTA STRUT LIKE YOU MEAN IT!!!” Start with some cute and colored tracksuits from the first Cheetah Girls movie; found on Amazon. Pair these tracksuits with some trendy cheetah print matching tank tops that can be found in Walmart; additionally, such tank tops can also be crafted at home with fabric of similar tank tops you might own along with some paint to embrace the cheetah print. Lastly, grab some headbands that match your entire outfit to complete your group or individual look! This is my favorite costume yet if you wanna go all out for a cheetahlicious fit; cheetah print masks are an excellent addition and can be found at Target or Old Navy.

letter box with boo! on it and small pumpkins
Photo by Jillian Morkan from Pexels

Mamma Mia

“My my here we go again”, but this time we can change up the costumes and make it in two ways. You can either go with a white oversized tee and paint on the animal like the ones featured in Mamma Mia 2, while tying some colored ribbon around your waist and topping it off with some white ankle or sock boots. The second way you can go about this costume is through a white crop top with the painted on words: “Mamma Mia.” You can then pair this with blue or gold sequin skirts, with the addition of feather boas and sunglasses.  Don’t forget to add some gold or blue masks!

Milk-Bone

Prisoners 

Whether or not you’re a fan of  Orange Is The New Black, this costume can work for anyone. Simply buy or if you own an old, oversized orange t shirt, cut it up, making it look like it has rips, then take a sharpie and write “inmate” and any number you want. Additionally, under the shirt you can wear shorts so that it looks like you are wearing the t-shirt as a jumpsuit. If you want to go ahead and make your costume ‘scream’ Orange Is The New Black: style your hair the way the main characters do and write down the name of the character you chose following with the word “inmate”. You can’t go wrong with purchasing some orange or black masks to complete this look!

fall decor and assorted pumpkins
Public Domain Pictures/Pexels

Bratz

Talk about bringing our childhood to life- this costume is probably one of the easiest yet most trendy one you can recreate. For starters, get a hold of some: flare jeans, jeans, neon skirts, shorts, and pair them with some cute white crop tops or neon tube tops with the painted “Bratz” logo. There are a variety of ways to style your hair and use glitter to emphasize your look. Lastly, accessorize with some colored sunglasses, hats, earrings, headband, belts, and some colorful masks to give it a final look.

Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.
Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)