This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

Libra season starts September 23, where the sun transitions to create the Libra constellation, concluding on October 22. In my personal experience with my boyfriend and two very close friends, libras tend to be fair, passive, and very peaceful. Here are three reasons why you should appreciate your libra friends and partners during September and October. 

1. You can always count on a Libra to be fair 

Libras are the equilibrium of friendships, always maintaining a key balance of what is fair. Whether you need an honest opinion from a friend or you are trying to settle an argument- look to a libra to give it to you straight. Libras value honesty and speaking their truth, they will always tell you what you need to hear, rather than what you want to hear. Libra’s are quick to get in the middle of an argument in order to keep the peace amoung their friends and family. 

five women laughing together
Photo by nappy from Pexels

2. Libras do not respond well to aggressive behavior

Libras take violence and aggression to heart and it can drain their emotional energy. It is easy for a libra to feel attacked when a situation intensifies and yelling is involved. Libras do not enjoy confrontation and will go out of their way to avoid it. An argument, or even a tense relationship between two people, can make libras feel very uncomfortable. They often take on the role of peacemaker. Bearing this responsibility can leave libras emotionally drained, so treat the libras in your life with compassion and give them a break from being your emotional support human.  

3. Libras are devoted lovers

Once a Libra is involved in a long-term relationship they consider their partner their person. Libras are very flexible and can be people pleasers, always making sure their partner is happy. After dating my boyfriend for a few months, I feel like my needs are anticipated before I even have to say them outloud. I apprecite this aspect of his personality as he feels comfortable when everyone else around him is comfortable. However this quality can come with downsides, as libras tend to put others before themselves. 

Lana Condor Peter Kavinsky GIF by NETFLIX
Netflix / Giphy
Tell your libra friends and partners that you love and appreciate them. And remember that even your friends that are great listeners and people pleasers have their limits. 

Kathryn Andes

Sacred Heart '21

Hi! I'm Kathryn, I'm majoring in Communications with a focus in Journalism, and minoring in Fashion Merchandising and Marketing. I sing in the SHU choir, I'm the President of College Democrats at Sacred Heart, and I'm a global ambassador for the Office of Global Affairs. I love writing about fashion, beauty, life, and politics, and Her Campus gives me a great platform to do that!
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.