clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

100 Days Till Graduation: As told by The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

This is it.

It is January, 2020 and the senior class has 100 days until commencement. I’ll be honest, I am still in denial that I am graduating and it hasn’t hit and I don’t think it actually will until commencement day. With that being said, here is what second semester seniors think on a daily basis trying to figure out their life post grad.

1. Job hunting and expecting a phone call back from the company

Whenever I search for a job or apply to a job, I instantly expect a phone call back. Job hunting is the worst process and only the beginning of becoming an adult. Can someone hire me?

2. Realizing that you have to actually work every day after college

I think this one explains itself. Adulting is not going to be easy, I know that for a fact.

3. Any drama that happens…

This semester, I only want positive energy and for everyone to be the best versions of themselves. With the short amount of time left together, there should not be unnecessary drama, unless it is needed, which should never be the case.

4. The minute I heard that there was only 100 days left…

Yup, that sounds about right. I know for sure I needed a cup of ice cream and a reality check that college doesn’t last forever.

5. Even though it is easy to think the worst, I can enjoy and embrace being around my SHU friends every day until we part ☹

Whenever my friends and I go out on a Friday or Saturday, you can pretty much expect us to walk in looking like Kevin, Oscar and Darryl. Knowing that there are only 100 days left of being in constant contact with my friends from SHU makes me want to enjoy every moment with them. 

100 days to have 100 more memories that will last a lifetime. I will definitely use these next few months to enjoy every moment and to prepare myself for the next chapter in my life. Thank you SHU.

Sacred Heart University 2020 Health Science, Global Health Major Nutrition, Exercise & Wellness
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.