photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

An Honest Review of the Rocketbook

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

Recently, I was on Amazon and I came across a blog called “the freshman 15 you need in your life” and I clicked that article real fast. Everything on the blog was cool and interesting and included anything from technology to furniture. I was scrolling towards the bottom when I came across a notebook that lets you erase and reuse. I liked the idea of a notebook you can write notes and take a photo of the notes to turn it into a document. I love writing notes but I didn’t like the idea of wasting so much paper and not having enough space to store all of these papers so this was something that stood out to me. So, you must be wondering what is this so-called magic notebook called. Well, this notebook is called the Rocketbook. Is this notebook worth buying? Well here is all you need to know about it to decide. 

Pro #1: No more wasting paper

You can use this notebook endlessly and forever. All you have to do is wipe the synthetic paper with the microfiber towel it comes with. You can use the pen it comes with as well as a pilot frixion pen, marker, or highlighter. 

Pro #2: It comes in two different sizes

It comes in two different sizes. The sizes are called Executive and Letter For someone who wants a normal size such as 8.5 inches by 11 inches should get the executive size and if someone wants a journal size such as 6 inches by 8.8 inches they should get the letter size. 

Pro #3: You can save money

If you buy it through the Rocketbook website you can save 10% off your notebook.

Pro #4: Pages are scannable and transferrable

You can scan the pages in which it becomes a document that you can upload in different folders. Also, there is an app you can download on the apple store or the android store to scan the pages and have them on the app as well. 

Con #1: It’s potentially messy

When taking notes make sure you are letting the ink dry and then turning the pages. You don’t want the ink to smear.

Con #2: Price

You have to buy a specific brand of pens and it can get expensive. I bought an extra set of pens so my notes can be cute. 

Personally, I am so glad I came across this notebook. It’s not only sustainable but it is perfect for me when I am taking lecture notes. I don’t have to waste paper as much anymore. It’s perfect because I can write notes for the less important classes and create a folder on Google for those classes. It’s a notebook I was always wanting but I never knew about. Do yourself a favor and check it out!

Roya Zaki

Sacramento '22

Hi, My name is Roya Zaki and I'm a writer. I am currently a freshman at Sacramento State majoring in Biology currently pre-med also. I love reading books on wattpad. I'm your typical Pisces I love watching youtube videos and I love listening to music some of my favorite artists are: Ariana Grande, Due Lipa, 5SOS, Justin Bieber, Khalid, Lauv, Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Any member of One Direction.