5 Things To Do This Fall Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

With the temperatures quickly dropping and the abundance of colorful leaves around campus, it is safe to say that fall has officially begun. To distract you from the endless amount of exams and papers during the stressful midterm season, here is a list of events happening on campus and within the Sacramento area to get you ready for the fall season.

1. Ultimate Terror Scream Park

Photo by Neon Brand Courtesy of Unsplash

It’s time to get spooky! Sacramento’s Ultimate Terror Scream Park, which is located about 30 minutes from campus. It is a chilling experience filled with goblins, monsters, and vampires. This haunted house is completed with three mesmerizing mazes and is guaranteed to thrill the feeble-minded with various terrors and screams. Prices start at $25 and tickets can be purchased online. Because this attraction has been recognized as one of the most scariest haunted house ever, it is recommended for children above the age of twelve.

2. Apple Hill:

Photo by Jakob Owens Courtesy of Unsplash

Apple Hill is a fall staple in Northern California, which includes a picturesque scene of plump pumpkins, a plethora of colorful leaves and a copious amount of apple trees. During your visit, I highly recommend you to explore all of the local farms, participate in some fun activities and grab a bite of their tasty treats. The apple and cinnamon donut sandwich filled with ice cream is sure to not disappoint!  This place is guaranteed to give you all of the fall vibes experience and it is a great excuse to take a break from studying. Apple Hill is located in Placerville, which East of Sacramento and is about 45 minutes from campus depending on traffic. Because this is a popular spot to travel during the fall season, you’ll definitely want to plan ahead!

3. Old Sacramento Ghost Tours:

Photo by Craig Tidball Courtesy of Unsplash

The Old Sacramento Ghost Tours are a great excuse to get off campus and explore Old Sacramento. The tours starting point is located at 101 L Street, and features the ghouls and ghosts that use to “haunt” the area. Tours run every Friday and Saturday from October 12th – October 27th at 6:30 – 9:00 p.m, and are $15 per person. Please note that tours are not recommended for children under the age of eight.

4. Roemer Pumpkin Patch:

Photo by Jon Tyson Courtesy of Unsplash

This is an absolute must-do during the fall season! The Roemer Pumpkin Patch, which is located in Sacramento and about 20 minutes away from campus. The pumpkin patch is a classic activity during the fall season, and is the perfect opportunity to take a break from copying notes, writing papers and studying for exams. The pumpkin patch includes a spooky corn maze, hay rides and plenty of Instagram-worthy opportunities.

5. Nightmare on Bass Street:

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay

The event for Nightmare on Bass Street is held by Associated Students, Inc. and features three DJ’s from KSSU Radio. This event will be held in the Redwood Room in The University Union on November 1st. The best part? It is FREE for everyone!