Keegan Acton and friend laughing
Keegan Acton and friend laughing
Keegan Acton
Style

5 Summer Trends To Flaunt This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

Just because you had to say goodbye to longer days, lounging by the pool and summer raves doesn’t mean you have to bid farewell to your favorite summer trends. Yeah, you read that right! Here are five summer trends that you can wear all autumn long and still have major style. 

Wrap Skirts

This summer, literally everywhere you turned there was a wrap skirt. This trend was such a popular style and there were so many variations. There were wrap skirts with florals, stripes and they came in every color you can think of so it’s a no-brainer that we’re not ready to give up the wrap skirt trend just yet! Thank goodness it’s versatile. These asymmetrical skirts can be dressed up or dressed down and even come in midi and maxi lengths (perfect for the cooler temperatures) so don’t be afraid to include your wrap skirts in your fall wardrobe.

Love the idea? Shop the trend:

She In Foliage Print Overlap Skirt

Forever21 Studded Trim Mini Skirt

American Eagle High-Waistd Tie Wrap Mini Skirt

Sun Hats

Sun hats are a given summer staple; it protects you from excessive sun exposure in a convenient and stylish way. This summer we all fell in love with those straw boater hats that were the perfect outfit accessory for your beach trip or pool day and I know how hard it is to say goodbye to something you love. Luckily you don’t have to just yet. This autumn wide-brim hats, boater hats and fedoras are all the rave! A few of these hat styles were even spotted at Paris Fashion Week 2019! Adding some of these hats to your wardrobe is the perfect way to pumpkin SPICE up your outfits and if you want to spooky things up a bit, go ahead and add a pointy black hat. 

Love the idea? Shop the trend: 

Urban Outfitters Maddie Woven Panama Hat

Windsor Locked In Boater Hat

ASOS Turned Edge Felt Hat With Under Tie 

Animal Print

Animal print has been dominating this summer! We’ve seen the wildest clothes over the past months with prints such as dalmatian, leopard, tiger, snake and even zebra! Why should we give up our wild side now that summer has come to an end? Well, we don’t have to! Let your wild-side roar some more by adding these animal print trends to your outfits all fall long. A perfect way to do this would be with an animal print sweater which can be paired with almost anything! Or maybe an animal print wrap skirt to add some flare and if you’re looking for some real growl power, animal print booties FTW! 

Love the idea? Shop the trend:

Shop Poshe Wild One Zebra Midi Dress

ASOS Reclaimed Vintage Dalmatian Spot Tea Dress  

Nasty Gal Flip It Snake Skirt

Bucket Bags

Bucket bags made its mark on the world this summer for sure! It definitely was the “it bag” of Summer 2019. Bucket bag trends this summer featured materials like woven straw, crocheted net and bamboo, so this trend can still be carried into Fall 2019. Although we may have to swap out those materials for something more convenient like faux leather we don’t have to give up the bucket bag trend entirely. Adding a bucket bag to your wardrobe this autumn will not only give your outfit a collected chic vibe but it will also come in handy for storing your essentials so your hands are free to hug your warm coffee mug.

Love the idea? Shop the trend:

Lulus Mariposa Mint Green Crocodile Bucket Bag

American Eagle AEO Bucket Bag

Modcloth And We’re Off Leather Bucket Bag 

Sun Dresses

Sundresses have always been the iconic summer fashion trend, I mean, it’s a SUNdress. However, you don’t have to limit yourself to only wearing sundresses when it’s sunny out. This autumn you can include sundresses in your wardrobe using my favorite style tip! Throw a pullover or sweater over your sundress and your outfit is now #FALLREADY. If the temperature is on the cooler side, add some tights to your outfit and there you have it!

Love the idea? Shop the trend:

Forever21 Striped Cami Midi Dress

Shop Poshe Always In Bloom Floral Midi Dress

ASOS Sleeveless Lace Insert Mini Dress

By finding ways to re-wear your summer favorites, not only do you get more time flaunting the items you absolutely adore but you’re also practicing sustainable fashion, as well as saving a few extra dollars. Hopefully, after reading this, you’re inspired to rummage around your closet for summer items you can introduce to your fall wardrobe rather than letting them sit in your closet collecting dust until next summer.

Zahrea is an International Transfer student at Sacramento State University who's majoring in Computer Science. She has a strong passion for fashion and style, writing and anything pink. She believes that self expression is an art and one of the best parts of life. Most times, Zahrea chooses to express herself with her outfits. In her spare time you can probably find her binge-watching Gilmore Girl on Netflix, working on TrulyRea; her personal blog or in the line at Starbucks.