alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Last Minute Costume Ideas for Procrastinators

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

There are two kinds of people in this world- those that work on their costumes months and months in advance and those who find a costume last minute, aka me. 

Need some help figuring out a last-minute costume? Here are a few ideas:
Cereal Killer

This is a prime example of waiting for the last minute and needing a costume. All you need is different cereal boxes, plastic knives, and fake blood! This is a punny costume of a Serial Killer.

Hydroflask

I am sure most of you are aware of the water bottle brand Hydro Flask. This can be both an individual and a group costume. It’s cheap, clever, and easy to recreate. All you need is a colored t-shirt and the symbol to transfer on to your shirt. 

Social Media Butterfly

Another easy and clever Halloween costume is a social media butterfly. This can also be a fun group costume as well. Each one of you can be a different social media platform, from Instagram to Youtube. All you need is a t-shirt, platform design and a pair of wings.

Bloody Doctor

This is my last-minute Halloween costume. This costume takes a little more effort and isn’t as last minute, but still very simple All you need for this terrifying Halloween costume is a pair of cheap scrubs, medical props, and fake blood. Try splattering the fake blood all over the scrubs!

Ghost

One of the easiest costumes to recreate this Halloween. Not only is this costume cute and silly, but it’s also easy as well. You can probably even do this costume on the day of Halloween. All you need is a white sheet and a pair of scissors to cut those eye holes.

Trying to figure out your Halloween costume is a difficult task. Sometimes there are so many to choose from and it’s hard to commit to just one costume so you end up waiting until it’s closer to Halloween.

Also, make sure you are with friends and families if you decide to partake in trick or treating or any other activities. For tips on how to stay safe this Halloween, check out a previous article written by Shawntay Arroyo and a current one written by Samirah Yang.

Roya Zaki

Sacramento '22

Hi, My name is Roya Zaki and I'm a writer. I am currently a freshman at Sacramento State majoring in Biology currently pre-med also. I love reading books on wattpad. I'm your typical Pisces I love watching youtube videos and I love listening to music some of my favorite artists are: Ariana Grande, Due Lipa, 5SOS, Justin Bieber, Khalid, Lauv, Ed Sheeran, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Any member of One Direction.