Looking For Off-Campus Housing? Check Out The Upper Eastside Lofts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacramento chapter.

As a resident of the Upper Eastside Lofts, I want to inform other students of this potential living space if they are looking for a convenient place to stay at while attending Sacramento State University.

Photo Courtesy of UEL

What is the Upper Eastside Lofts?

The Upper Eastside Lofts is an apartment complex for students attending Sacramento State. It is affiliated with the university itself and is a very convenient place to live while attending Sacramento State. There are various floor plans such as 2, 3, 4 person lofts and 6-person townhouses. There are two options when leasing which is the 9-month installment plan and the 12-month installment plan. I chose the 12-month installment plan so that I have a place to stay if I were to take classes in the summer. As a first-year student, I decided it would be best to live here since it’s a fairly short walk to campus and was surrounded by local stores where students are able to eat or study at.

Here is a rough estimate of what residents pay for each floor plan.

You may be wondering what the price points are for the different room options. These may not be the exact numbers because the installment plan you choose will determine how much to pay for each month.

• 2 person loft = $739/month
  • 3 person loft = $699/month
  • 4 person loft = $559/month
  • 6 person townhouse = $689/month
  • A parking space will cost an additional $40 each month.

Photo of UEL

Amenities Included

There are many amenities when choosing to live here. Each unit has a bathroom, kitchen and washer/dryer. Every student who lives here has their own twin bed, mattress and desk. One of the best things here at the lofts is the swimming pool and hot tub for when students want to relax. Next to the pool are the community room and the study room. The community room is mainly used when the Resident Advisors are holding events for residents to get to know each other. The study room is a place where residents can come in and study for their classes. I definitely take advantage of the study room because it’s a quiet place where I can focus.

The Pros of Living at the Lofts

The atmosphere here is very relaxed and comfortable. I was able to get to know my three roommates whom I’ve never interacted with before until moving in. One of the things I really appreciate about living at the lofts is the printer station in the main office. As a student, having a printer is an absolute necessity and having unlimited access to is very helpful. There is also a coffee station in the office which is convenient for those who need caffeine before heading to their morning classes. The staff here is friendly and understanding because they are students as well. When my roommates and I encounter a problem with our loft, the maintenance staff comes at their earliest conveniences to fix it. This usually takes about 2-3 days. Another highlight of living at the lofts is the many events that the RAs come up with to interact with the residents. This is a great way to meet other residents to build relationships and connections.

Photo Courtesy of UEL

The Cons of Living at the Lofts

Although this place has many good things to offer, there are some aspects that residents may not be fond of. This isn’t solely based on my experience but from those who have previously lived here. There are complaints about the high expenses of this place not being compatible with the experience that they receive. There are no individual rooms unless residents live in the townhouses. I personally wish I had my own room for privacy reasons but I don’t mind since I’m used to sharing with other people. Another major con might be the parking situation. Parking is limited and residents have to sign their lease as soon as possible if they want to be guaranteed a parking space. This might turn potential residents away but most of the residents use other modes of transportation such as bikes, scooters, and skateboards which can make up for not having a parking space or a car.

Overall, the Upper Eastside Lofts is an enjoyable and convenient place to live at if you’re looking for off-campus housing around Sacramento State. For new students, this might be the perfect place to live because of its close proximity to campus. If you would like to know more about the lofts and have an interest in living here, check out their website to learn more!

http://www.uelsacramento.com/
Samirah Yang

Sacramento '22

Samirah is currently a second year at Sacramento State and majors in Psychology. Some of her interests include writing, photography, videography, and eating.