Ryerson Women in Leadership: Voice 2017 Conference

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Toronto MU chapter.

RWIL, the Ryerson Women in Leadership, is a group at Ryerson that is dedicated to the empowerment of women and creates a space that allows women to network, grow, and expand professionally. This esteemed group is eager to allow the Ryerson community to understand the foundation in which it has built it’s reputation on.

The Ryerson Women in Leadership was founded by very motivated female students who felt like there was a lack of engagement, support and celebration of female professionals. These students noticed a gap between female students and female professionals and alumni. The focal point, therefore, is to essentially push this gap between female students and female alumni, as RWIL believes bridging the communication barrier to build a stronger community is crucial and valuable to all parties. This is done by fostering innovation, mentorship, connection, and leadership through events, particularly events for RWIL general members.

Events that RWIL hosts are catered around professional development workshops with speakers that come in externally, as well as through an annual conference and speaker series. This Speaker Series features diverse and dynamic women from different backgrounds and industries who have excelled in their fields.

RWIL is hoping to make their general membership more professionally oriented, as well as extending the one day conference to two days. This way, RWIL is able to offer more workshops, industry knowledge, and the space to network with more professionals as to create a more engaged delegate experience.

RWIL attracts women to their events through marketing on social media, as well as outreach by setting up booths around the Ryerson campus. The conference they hold annually is posted all over social media.

This year the Ryerson Women in Leadership group is hosting Voice 2017 conference on March 3 & 4. Through inspiring keynotes, speaker series, and a panel, the Ryerson Women in Leadership’s 2017 conference aims to help delegates see the importance of women using their voices to break down glass ceilings from professionals who are empowering women in the workplace.

Tickets can be found at:

https://www.tilt.com/tilts/rwil-voice-conference-tickets-new?s=wb&u=rrwi…

Hi! This is the contributor account for Her Campus at Ryerson.