woman with arms outstretched against blue sky 317155jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
woman with arms outstretched against blue sky 317155jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Pexels
Wellness

What You Can Do to Live a More Balanced Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RW chapter.

Being healthy and having a healthy lifestyle is more than just eating healthy and exercising everyday. As important as these aspects are to have a healthy physical appearance. Mental health and wellness is just as important and key to live a balanced life. These few habits are great to add into your daily routine at your own pace.

1. Practice being flexible with your food

Of course eating healthy is important for your body and mind but restricting from foods you’re craving leads you into a bad habit. Eating a little bit of the foods you crave when you want them is a habit that will have only positive impacts on your mind and body.

2. Develop a growth mindset

Keep an open mind to new opportunities and relationships. A good way to practice this habit is by imagining who you want to be and write down daily activities that will help you get there. This can help you develop new skills and work towards a future you imagine.

3. Spend time outdoors

Spring fever is real and the weather is only getting nicer. Going on walks or taking the time to go outside to relax, eat a meal, exercise, or do homework is a great way to feel more grounded and connected to the environment.

4. Drink lots of water

If you’re like me, I get exhausted during the day and headaches are almost inevitable. With a busy work schedule it’s important to drink water. A lot of the time I can confuse being stressed and having a headache to simply not drinking enough water that day. This will also help give you energy, help with bloating, and improve your skin!

5. Get enough sleep

I’m way too guilty of staying up late to finish work that is put off until the last minute. Making a schedule and sticking to it will allow you to get enough sleep and feel more energized throughout the week. A helpful tip is to create a bedtime routine that you enjoy. This will get you excited to wind down at the end of the day.

Hello! My name is Angela and I'm a sophomore architecture major, minoring in business management and sustainability. When I'm not in school, I love to hike, hang out with friends, and shop.
Hi, I'm Jessie, the Campus Coordinator and Founder of Her Campus at Roger Williams University! I am a senior majoring in Communication and Media Studies and minoring in Marketing and Graphic Design. When not in school, I love to work out, shop, listen to music and spend time with my friends!