This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RW chapter.

1. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo & Conditioner

This shampoo and conditioner combo is by far one of the best I have tried. Some of the main ingredients include shea butter, sea kelp, and argan oil to restore moisture and shine!

2. Silk or Satin Pillowcases

Making the switch to a silk or satin pillowcase will protect your hair from a lot of friction from cotton-like material that can lead to dry and damaged hair.

3. Scalp Massager Shampoo Brush

Many hair brands have recently come out with scalp massagers to use with shampoo to increase hair thickness and stimulate hair growth. The brush breaks up dead skin cells and leftover product used between washes.

4. Coconut Oil or Coconut oil based Hair Masks

100% coconut oil or an alternative hair mask is perfect to use after your usual shower routine to get an extra moisture boost for soft and shiny hair that lasts for days.

5. The Wet Brush & Wide Tooth Combs

Depending on your hair type, certain brushes or combs may work better for your hair. Some of my personal favorites are the wet brush and any wide tooth comb. I have relatively straight hair and how found that these are the best on wet or dry hair to prevent breakage.

Hi my name is Rachel! I am a sophomore architecture major at RW. I love cooking and hanging out with friends!
Hi, I'm Jessie, the Campus Coordinator and Founder of Her Campus at Roger Williams University! I am a senior majoring in Communication and Media Studies and minoring in Marketing and Graphic Design. When not in school, I love to work out, shop, listen to music and spend time with my friends!