This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RW chapter.

As you may know, podcasts have become a huge platform in the past few years. Podcasts are perfect for commuting, whether it be a walk to class or a drive to work. They allow you to relax, laugh or help you stay productive when work needs to be done. As a huge podcast enthusiast myself, I want to share my go-to podcasts to grow the podcast listener community! I am also obsessed with entertainment and pop culture so if you are anything like me, these are must-listens on Spotify or Apple Podcasts.

1. Chicks in the Office

If you love pop culture, look no further. Chicks in the Office stars Ria and Fran, two of the first few girls to work at Barstool Sports. Their three podcasts every week cover all pop culture and celebrity news, with Wednesday’s episode specifically dedicated for The Bachelor/Bachelorette recaps with Trent (aka Luggage Guy Trent, iykyk). They also have celebrity guests who they interview, such as Nina Dobrev, Bob Saget or the Jonas Brothers. These two girls in their 20’s are hilarious and give their honest opinions about everything and everyone in Hollywood. Their producer Noah also will occasionally chime in with his takes and it is fantastic. If I had to listen to one podcast for the rest of my life, it would be this one.

2. Off The Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe

This was the first podcast I ever listened to. Kaitlyn Bristowe, who has claimed fame through once being the Bachelorette, and now winning DWTS, has her own show in which she brings on guests, answers fan questions or goofs around with her boyfriend Jason Tartick (also from the Bachelor franchise). Kaitlyn is absolutely hilarious and does great segments, including making her guests confess an embarrassing story. Regardless If you watch The Bachelor or not, Kaitlyn is a fantastic host and will make you laugh.

3. Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend

Comedian Conan O’Brien hosts his own podcast in which he has in-depth conversations with his favorite famous friends, such as Tina Fey or Adam Sandler. The majority of the guests are comedians, which is funny but also intriguing to hear them converse in a more intimate setting. Definitely the perfect podcast if you like watching or listening to interviews.

4. Because We Got High

A podcast about literally everything, regardless if you smoke or not. This podcast is from Barstool’s Ria, Bri and Kelly who cover three topics from A to Z, tackling a new letter each week. The first week, A, covered Alcohol, Anxiety and Asses. These girls are hilarious and so fun to listen to when diving into each topic!

5. The Rewatchables

In this podcast from The Ringer host Bill Simmons, each episode tackles a movie that is so good it becomes rewatchable. He brings on his coworkers to go in depth on their takes from the movie as well as random facts. They’ve covered all sorts of movies such as Jaws, Clueless, The Devil Wears Prada, and Get Out. If you love movies this is the best podcast to listen to. The complete episode archive is on their website as well as Spotify.  

RWU 2021 Comm & Media Studies you could say I like pop culture
Hi, I'm Jessie, the Campus Coordinator and Founder of Her Campus at Roger Williams University! I am a senior majoring in Communication and Media Studies and minoring in Marketing and Graphic Design. When not in school, I love to work out, shop, listen to music and spend time with my friends!