This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RW chapter.

Recently, I’ve been getting back into doing my nails and going to the salon for manicures. I was looking around online for some inspiration for my next appointment, and I founds some new trends for 2021 that look super fun:

1. Embellished Press On Nails

With the closure of nail salons over the past year, I’ve seen a resurgence in popularity of press on nails. They’re relatively inexpensive, and there’s plenty of nail artists creating their own custom sets (support small businesses!). I’ve been loving press-ons with cute jewels and designs.

2. Minimalist Design

As you know, many people have started doing their own nails at home. The Internet is full of beginner-friendly nail art tutorials, making this a perfect form of self expression, no matter how artistic you are.

3. Muted Tones

Colors like sage, lavender, and butter yellow are all the rage this season. My most recent manicure was a lavender dip set, and I love the fun, spring vibes it brings to my outfits. 

4. Naked Nails

Perhaps this season’s most interesting trend- many celebrity nail artists have been posting pictures of “clear” manicured nails that focus on nail care as opposed to a color or design. With all the handwashing and hand sanitizing we’re doing, it’s no wonder that maintaining healthy nails is becoming trendy.

What nail trends are you excited for this year?

I'm a Massachusetts native studying political science at Roger Williams University. Interests include dance, travel, fitness, fashion, and social justice activism. Die hard Boston sports fan and coffee enthusiast. she/her/hers
Hi, I'm Jessie, the Campus Coordinator and Founder of Her Campus at Roger Williams University! I am a senior majoring in Communication and Media Studies and minoring in Marketing and Graphic Design. When not in school, I love to work out, shop, listen to music and spend time with my friends!