This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RW chapter.

You know the typical summer bucket list you always made as a kid, hoping it would help you have the best summer ever? Well as you all may know, my senior year has been a bust as far as fun times goes, due to COVID. To make up for all the lost fun times, I decided to make a before graduation bucket list, RWU style. Here it goes.

Jump in the fountain at the main school entrance. 

If you go to RWU or are an alumni, you know of this senior tradition. Every year, before the seniors graduate, they jump in the fountain. Don’t ask me why, because I do not know. All I know is that I have been waiting all four years to jump in that fountain without getting in trouble, and the fact that I get to do it with the amazing friends I made during college makes it even better. It’s almost like our last crazy memory on campus. 

Take a polaroid picture with every friend I have made.

This might be a hard thing to put on my bucket list, but I want to make it happen. When I was thinking about how I will remember all the friends I have made along my college journey, I thought what better to do than take a polaroid with every friend I have made. They can serve as a reminder of the amazing people I have met along the way. It will allow me to have a piece of each and every person with me, even if I may never see them ever again. 

Bristol bar hopping.

The great part about living in a college town on the water is the outdoor seating. This is something I am so grateful for, especially during this pandemic so that I can still go out to my favorite restaurants and bars. In my bar hopping list, I will go to some of Bristol’s well known restaurants such as Portside, Thames, Aidens, The Bean, Jackies, Casa, and more. If you see me out that night, no you didn’t. 

Blast music through Colt.

One of my favorite places in Bristol is without a doubt Colt State Park. Colt is a great place to go for a drive to get your mind off what’s bothering you, watch the sunset, go for a walk, and hang out with friends. I have had so many memories driving through and listening to music. It wouldn’t be graduation without one last colt drive. Who wants to join?!

Eat at Upper Commons.

There is nothing like unlimited Commons swipes freshman year. Now, I do not have a meal plan because I live off campus. I have to say, I do miss the panini maker, quesadillas, donuts, and ice cream at Upper Commons. Before I graduate, I would love to eat at Commons one more time with my friends to make one last memory there together. 

All in all, I have had the best experience at Roger Williams University and I would not trade it for anything. I am thankful for all the people I got to meet, memories I have made, and lessons I have learned. Rog, you’ll have my heart forever!

My name is Micayla Kelley and I am a senior in college from Connecticut, attending college in Rhode Island. I am most passionate about art, graphic design, flowers, friends, and family.
Hi, I'm Jessie, the Campus Coordinator and Founder of Her Campus at Roger Williams University! I am a senior majoring in Communication and Media Studies and minoring in Marketing and Graphic Design. When not in school, I love to work out, shop, listen to music and spend time with my friends!