This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RW chapter.

The first quarter of 2021 has passed, so I thought I would share my favorite albums I have been listening to! 

1. Man on the Moon III: The Chosen– Kid Cudi

The highly-anticipated third installment of Kid Cudi’s Man on the Moon trilogy has become my personal favorite. This album came out last December but I have continuously listened to it into 2021. This album is the perfect amount of traditional Kid Cudi, but showcases his skillset of rap, too. The production of these songs are amazing and the album flows so well. “Tequila Shots” will never get old.

2. Dancing With The Devil… The Art of Starting Over– Demi Lovato

This two-section album covers what Demi Lovato has gone through in the past few years, from her relapse and overdose in which had a near-death experience. “Anyone” the album opener she wrote recently after she relapsed, and the song “Dancing With The Devil” is about the night she overdosed. The second part of the album looks at Lovato’s life now and beyond. These songs are raw and beautiful 

3. Fearless (Taylor’s Version)– Taylor Swift

Yes!!! We’ve all been waiting for Taylor Swift’s re-recorded albums from her old record label. Swift sounds amazing in this new version, and I am loving these classic songs all over again, as well as the new out of the vault songs! 

4. Justice– Justin Bieber

The king of pop is back and better than ever with more amazing, catchy songs! The deluxe version is even better with amazing collaborations from Jaden, Tori Kelly, Lil Uzi Vert and more. Although I loved his Changes era, it is nice to have some more pop-influenced music from Justin Bieber.

5. Khaled Khaled– DJ Khaled

Two summers ago DJ Khaled released an album with many great collaborators, and now he’s got us ready for summer 2021. From Justin Bieber, to Migos, to H.E.R., to Post Malone, this album is stacked with upbeat songs perfect for summer car rides.

6. Spaceman– Nick Jonas

Spaceman gives off some classic 80’s pop vibes and I am all here for it. Nick Jonas has proven his stardom as a single artist in addition to being with the Jonas Brothers. This album flows from one song into the next with a combination of synthesized pop and slower love songs. 

RWU 2021 Comm & Media Studies you could say I like pop culture
Hi, I'm Jessie, the Campus Coordinator and Founder of Her Campus at Roger Williams University! I am a senior majoring in Communication and Media Studies and minoring in Marketing and Graphic Design. When not in school, I love to work out, shop, listen to music and spend time with my friends!