This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RW chapter.

Mother’s Day is a tricky holiday, because even though my mom is someone I’m so close to, I always struggle to choose a present for her. To make matters more difficult, I’m running on a college senior-graduating-in-a-month budget, which narrows my search substantially. Luckily, I’ve been able to find some gems that are amazing gifts that won’t break your bank.

1. Lush Gift Sets

If your mom is like mine, she is super busy, so finding time for self care is incredibly important. I love the pre-made gift sets from Lush, many of which are in the $15-$25 range and will include items such as shower gels, lotions, and bath bombs.

2. DIY Gifts

One of my favorite gift ideas for family members is a sweet photo in a nice picture frame. Photos are super cheap to print at Walgreens or through Snapfish, and places like TJ Maxx have gorgeous frames at reasonable prices. Choose a photo of you and your mom together, or one of you with your siblings if you have them.

3. Homemade Brunch

If you’ll be home for Mother’s Day, this is a perfect idea to treat your mom for the holiday. Staples like eggs, pancake mix, and bacon are pretty inexpensive, and the tasks can be split if you have siblings at home. Homemade mimosas are also a nice touch- Barefoot Prosecco is clutch for these.

4. Cozy Items

Who doesn’t love fuzzy socks or a comfy blanket? Places like Target and TJ Maxx have plenty of these, so you’re bound to find one that’s perfect for your mom.

I hope these ideas give you some inspiration for your Mother’s Day gifts!

I'm a Massachusetts native studying political science at Roger Williams University. Interests include dance, travel, fitness, fashion, and social justice activism. Die hard Boston sports fan and coffee enthusiast. she/her/hers
Hi, I'm Jessie, the Campus Coordinator and Founder of Her Campus at Roger Williams University! I am a senior majoring in Communication and Media Studies and minoring in Marketing and Graphic Design. When not in school, I love to work out, shop, listen to music and spend time with my friends!