Style

How to Style Your Team Apparel In Honor of MLB Opening Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RW chapter.

If you’re a baseball fan like me, you’ve been waiting anxiously for this week since the end of October last year- Opening Day is this Thursday! I love wearing my Red Sox gear on big game days, so I thought I’d share some inspiration for styling your jersey or other apparel for cheering on your favorite team.

1. How to style a jersey

My go-to jersey look usually consists of a cropped tank top or bodysuit with high waist shorts or jeans, depending on the weather. I prefer a jersey that’s a little oversized for a cool 90s vibe.

2. How to style a cute graphic tee or “shirsey”:

For a quick but “put together”-looking outfit, style your graphic tee or shirsey with black leggings, cute sneakers, and a denim jacket. This is one of my favorite looks for game day when I have work or class, but still want to show some team spirit.

3. How to style a baseball hat:

I love adding a baseball hat on a bad hair day or to top off my look for the gym. It’s a classic accessory that can be paired with a variety of outfits. Usually, I’ll add hoop earrings for an “off-duty model” vibe.

Who are you cheering on this week?

I'm a Massachusetts native studying political science at Roger Williams University. Interests include dance, travel, fitness, fashion, and social justice activism. Die hard Boston sports fan and coffee enthusiast. she/her/hers
Hi, I'm Jessie, the Campus Coordinator and Founder of Her Campus at Roger Williams University! I am a senior majoring in Communication and Media Studies and minoring in Marketing and Graphic Design. When not in school, I love to work out, shop, listen to music and spend time with my friends!