Galentine’s Day Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RW chapter.

If you’re single this valentine’s, I’m sure you’re dreading the day. Filled with all your friends showing off their significant other and how happy they are to be in love. I also have felt this way in the past, especially after coming out of a long-term relationship. This year, however, my girlfriends and I have different plans, and I’m here to tell you how we’re turning the holiday into one of my favorites. 

Outfit: Find an outfit that screams Valentines. Pink or red dresses, lace corset tops, white skirts/jeans, heels, or whatever makes you feel the most confident. Getting dressed up with girlfriends has got to be in my top 5 list of favorite things to do. This also makes you feel like you’re participating in valentine’s day and will really get you excited to have plans with your girlfriends. Better yet, take up the whole day with fun activities for you and your friends to do. Who said valentine’s day cant be for showing love to your best friends??

21 and Over: Make fun drinks to celebrate yourselves, your friendships, and the day itself. One of the drinks I’ll be making this year is a rainbow sherbet punch. All you need is Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, 7up, Pineapple juice, rainbow sherbert, and your choice of alcohol (I find vodka or champagne to be the best with this punch). To make the drink even more festive, add in some heart-shaped ice cubes and line the rim of your glasses with pink sugar!

Host a brunch: You know what they say, B*tches Love Brunch! Instead of waiting around all day to have a good time at night, start early with a brunch during the day. Make festive foods like red velvet cupcakes, a valentines themed charcuterie board, cinnamon buns with pink frosting, heart shaped pancakes, chocolate covered strawberries, or any other fun treats you have in mind. Pinterest is a great place to get ideas if you can’t figure out where to start:)

Wine tasting: Another fun activity for your day is to have a wine tasting. Invite each guest to bring their favorite bottle of wine. Cover the label of each wine, and with all your friends, rate which wine you like the best. This is a great way to try new wines and is obviously fitting for the holiday. Along with that, you can guarantee every guest there has a drink they love. 

Remember, each day is what you make it. Just because Valentine’s day is generally dedicated to couples, doesn’t mean you can’t have an amazing time with all of your best friends!

Hello! My name is Angela and I'm a sophomore architecture major, minoring in business management and sustainability. When I'm not in school, I love to hike, hang out with friends, and shop.