Style > Beauty

What Kind of Face Mask Should You Try Based on Your Zodiac Sign?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Zodiac signs are both entertaining and intuitive. A zodiac sign can be related to qualities that you resemble which can help give us purpose by answering questions (perhaps, quite vaguely) about our daily struggles. There are so many face masks on the market, how do you decide which one is best for you? You may find yourself at crossroads. Luckily, your star-sign is the best compass to guide you.  If you’re looking for something new to try with your skin care routine, try a face mask that matches your zodiac sign!

Aries (March 21 – April 19) 

bliss What a Melon De-Stressing Overnight Mask, $15

Aries you are always ready for a new and exciting adventure. You have optimistic energy that is ready to challenge the world around you to pursue your inner passions. However, that ambition can be a bit exhausting. This glow-inducing overnight mask is perfect for your skin to relax overnight, as you prepare to take on the day tomorrow.  

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

TEAMI BLENDS Green Tea Blend Detox Mask ($30.00)

A Taurus loves luxury and the finer things in life. But you also love food, such as a Green Tea Matcha from Starbucks. While you are stubborn and sensible which makes you a boss bad-ass , unfortunately, your blackheads and pimples can also be stubborn. This Green tea matcha infused mask, may lean a little more on the expensive side, but it is practical enough for a Taurus. This mask fits perfectly for a luxury loving, foodie, sensible Taurus. As an Earth sign, a Taurus will appreciate the organic superfood ingredients (lemongrass, green tea matcha, Bentonite Clay) and the cruelty-free, vegan aspects of this mask. The skin of a Taurus will feel smooth, calm, and detoxed as she continues sipping on her Green Tea Matcha drink from Starbucks afterwards!

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)  

FORMULA 10.0.6 PORES BE PURE SKIN-CLARIFYING MASK, $7

Although Geminis have a reputation for being two-faced, perhaps because it is the sign of twins, Geminis are often pure and loyal. If you are lucky enough to befriend a Gemini, be sure to reciprocate their loyalty and stay true to your friendship. A Gemini needs a face mask that works to purify their skin. This face mask is perfect for those with dry and flaky skin because it does not absorb moisture out of the skin. Your skin will be clear and purified to match your pure heart. A bonus is the amazing smell of this mask (who doesn’t love berries?)

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

PACIFICA BEAUTY WAKE UP BEAUTIFUL MASK, $15

You are known to be the mother archetype of the zodiac—protective, emotional, caring. You are protective of your loved ones and want nothing but the best for them. You care so much for everyone else but are you being protective and caring to your skin? Just like you, your skin can be sensitive. It requires nurture, love, and care! Give your skin some TLC with this 100% vegan and cruelty free overnight mask, perfect for dehydrated dull skin. Another bonus with this mask is the infused aromatherapy, not only will your skin get TLC but you will also sleep easy drifting and relaxing your senses with aromatherapy.

Leo (July 23 – August 22) 

SHEA MOISTURE AFRICAN BLACK SOAP CLARIFYING MUD MASK, $8.59

A face mask as fearless and imaginative as a Leo! A Leo is not easy to derail when they have their mind set on something. A Leo is a master at devising and executing plans— they have a specific plan and there is no use in talking them out of it. But a Leo can talk her skin out of popping up random, inconvenient pimples and stubborn blackheads. This mask helps to clear up your skin with fearlessly infused African Black Soap, tamarind, and tea tree oil. It’s time for you to have a specific battle plan for your skin, start by using this face mask!

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

Garnier Skinative Clean + Pore Purifying 2-In-1 Clay Cleanser And Mask ($11.76)

A Virgo is a curious, organized, innovative storyteller. You attract people around with your wit and knack for storytelling. Your ability to stay organized and analytical helps you to form the perfect narrative that is amusing for those around you. A new narrative for your skin is this amazing 2-in-1 cleanser and mask! Just like you, this face mask is organized as a cleanser and mask (talk about innovative!) and infused with charcoal.  

Libra (September 23-October 22) 

Formula 10.0.6 Keep Your Cool Skin Calming Mask ($6.99)

Libra is “the scales” of the zodiac. You pride yourself in maintaining balance in all aspects of your life by being harmonious and diplomatic. But is your skin balanced? Try this mask with intense hydration to help keep your skin as cool, calm, and collected as yourself.

Scorpio (October 23-November 21) 

Origins Dragon Fruit Brightening Superfruit Mask ($27.00)

If there is one word to describe a Scorpio it is ……. PASSION! You are bold, passionate, and determined. If you are ever passionate about a situation or person, you are sure to be vocal about it and embrace the situation with all your might. Just like you, this mask is passionate about glowing skin by infusing the superfruit, Dragon Fruit. To help clear up your skin and open your pores, try this amazing gel mask. The Dragonfruit and Vitamin C ingredients in this face mask will help keep your skin radiant. You are sure to get passionate about this face mask!

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Exfoliating Clay Mask ($35.00)

There is no beating around the bush with you, Sagittarius. You are a clever, straightforward, genuine individual. One of your greatest strengths is your honesty. Your friends know that they can count on you to tell it like it is in any given situation. Just like you, this pore extractor mask plays no games in helping clear skin and giving you a glowing complexion.

Capricorn (December 22- January 19)

Pacifica’s Stress Rehab Coconut & Caffeine Facial Mask ($4.00)

Your discipline, charisma, and ambition can be seen in your strong work ethic. If you’re not at the office working late, or rushing to the office, or thinking about work, you can be seen spending time with your loved ones. In the midst of a chaotic schedule, take some time off for yourself. The ease of applying this de-stress sheet mask makes it perfect for your busy schedule. As an Earth sign, you’ll appreciate that it is 100% Vegan and cruelty-free.

Aquarius (January 20-February 18)

Neutrogena Moisturizing Hydro Boost Hydrating Face Mask, $2

AKA “The water bearer”. Of course a hydrating mask would be perfect for a water sign. This hydrating sheet mask is wonderful for an Aquarius with dry skin. The sheet mask is an effective moisturizer and essential for long-lasting hydration. It’s also super cheap and can be found very easily in a drugstore!

Pisces (February 19-March 20)

SKIN FOOD Egg White Pore Hot Steam Pack ($15.49)

A Pisces girl is creative, romantic, and sensitive. There is more than what meets the eye with a Pisces — just like with those pesky blackheads! If you are dealing with pesky blackheads, this heating mask could be the perfect solution to help open your pores. Not to mention that for a romantic Pisces a heating mask on the skin almost feels like a trip to the spa!

Zodiac signs are great for finding purpose when you feel lost. But more than anything, it is entertaining to match star-signs with specific qualities about yourself…. Or face masks! Just like your star-sign, your skin is unique. Embrace your skin and your zodiac by combining the two with face masks that best match your zodiac sign. Keep your skin glowing, girl-gang!

Hannah Javed

Rutgers '19

Senior Editor at Her Campus Rutgers with a love for salads, pizza and bright lights.