This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Thanksgiving is around the corner, and I have finally decided to reflect on this past year and be grateful for the people who have been there for me. This holiday season has given me a wonderful opportunity to be thankful. Most importantly, we all had to and are still experiencing the effects of lockdown, and it has been really stressful. Moreover, transferring colleges and switching majors have been quite challenging as compared to what I had in mind. However, I believe it is extremely important to be grateful for people who have made my transition flow smoother.

My Mother

I want to begin by thanking my mom who was always there for me whenever I needed a shoulder to cry on. She is light-hearted, a great listener, and last but not the least, a very strong woman. She inspires me everyday to work hard and achieve my goals.

Best Buddies

I am also grateful to all my close friends who I met at my previous college and those who are with me now. From helping each other on assignments to crying together before an exam, I would not have been able to do it without them.

TV Shows

Watching TV shows during lockdown was one of my highlights, and it helped me with de-stressing after trying to figure out how to succeed in academics during the pandemic. Not only did I pass my time watching TV shows, but I also had an opportunity to watch it with my family, and it was a great way to have some quality time with them.

Her Campus Rutgers Team

Last but not the least, I am so glad I joined the club this semester. Although I could not meet the girls in-person, they are absolutely amazing and supportive on the group chats.

The main reason as to why I wrote this article was that I believe we should take a moment to appreciate the things around us. After all, Thanksgiving is around the corner, and this is such a unique experience to show gratitude. Now, I want to finish with a question: what are some things you are grateful for?

Pooja is a sophomore at Rutgers University majoring in Statistics and minoring in Computer Science. Her interests include writing, listening to podcasts, painting, and working out. Apart from her interests, she is a huge coffee lover. Feel free to follow her on Instagram: @pooja.sankaran
Sam F

Rutgers '21