alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What Are 10 Things That Make Guys Uncomfortable?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

What’s more fun than making a guy uncomfortable or awkward? Obviously, in a completely comedic sense, we love to tease the “macho” men in our lives who believe that nothing can make them break a sweat. However, there are a few things that will have guys feeling a little anxious.  

1. Saying “zayummm zaddy – This one is an iconic line that will have any guy burst out laughing or feeling extremely traumatized.

2. Standing next to another guy in a urinal – Believe it or not, guys don’t have full-on conversations in the bathroom like girls! Shocking, I know, right? For men, standing next to another guy at a urinal is an ordeal of avoiding eye contact and finishing their business as soon as possible. (It’s a sad existence when you can’t bond in the bathroom.)

3. Attractive females– Why do guys freeze when they see an attractive female? I don’t know how to answer that question, but this is definitely an awkward situation guys find themselves in!

4. Meeting the parents– This is an inevitable aspect of a relationship. Meeting the parents is always an awkward situation because you want to make the best possible first impression towards the people who raised the wonderful, majestic human being you are dating.

5. Being alone– As much as guys act like they love their alone time, being alone is one of the most nerve-wracking feelings. A little alone time is nice to relax but being alone gets really lonely and awkward.

6. Being with others What’s worse than being alone? Being around others. One of the most hilarious and awkward situations for guys is being dragged to a social setting by their significant other and being forced to socialize. (Sorry gentlemen!! We really appreciate you coming to events with us though!)

7. Asking “Which of my friends do you think is attractive”?– Honestly, I don’t blame them for feeling awkward in this situation. Is there even a right answer to this question? Let’s spare these poor guys the misery and refrain from asking this.

8. When girls cry– Guys just don’t know what to do when a girl starts crying. They try their best to help but it is almost always awkward for them when a girl starts crying. 

9. Prostate exams – It’s so important for men to get regular prostate exams, especially men over the age of forty! Although this may seem like an awkward situation for a lot of men, it’s important to sustain a proactive prostate health plan.

10. Talking about feelings– A lot of guys tend to avoid talking about their own emotions or sharing feelings about certain situations. It is very difficult for some men to own up to their emotions, because of how awkward it seems so please try to be patient and understanding as they try to open up.

Hannah Javed

Rutgers '19

Senior Editor at Her Campus Rutgers with a love for salads, pizza and bright lights.