This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

I’m not saying you SHOULD distract yourself from studying, but here are some options if you want to. And yes I DID make this list instead of studying, thanks for asking. I have unintentionally tried almost every single distraction available on the internet. Here is a list of the best 10.

Chrome Music Lab

Chrome Music Lab lets you make music in a fun and accessible way. You don’t need to know anything about making music to have fun with it. There’s 13 different features on it that you can experiment with. It even has a song maker that allows you to make and share your own music.

Time wasted: 45 minutes.

Rating: 10/10.

The Useless Web

This website just inks you to more useless websites. Press the button in the middle of the screen to see where you end up.

Time wasted: 15 minutes.

Rating: 7/10 (some of the websites are boring).

Find the Difference

Who said we had to give up such fun and simple distractions as we got older? Follow the link to feel like a child again and spot the differences between the two images. You can do this for as long as you want and keep leveling up. The website even tells you your speed and the average time it took the spot all the differences.

Time wasted: 30 minutes.

Rating: 8/10.

Windows 93

Not a lot of us were around to experience Windows ‘93 in its prime, 1993. Click on this link to be transported 26 years in the past and see what computers were like back then. All the programs on the desktop work and are just as distracting as every site in this article.

Time wasted: 1 hour.

Rating: 10/10.

Are You a Real Human Being?

Have you ever questioned your humanity? Take this test to find out if you’re really a human being or just a robot in disguise.

Time wasted: 1 minute.

Rating: 6/10.

Staggering Beauty

WARNING: contains flashing images. Move your cursor anywhere on the screen and the work will follow. Move it around really fast for a party!

Time wasted: 15 minutes.

Rating: 8/10.

Weave Silk

This is actually a very calming and artsy website. You can easily create your own silk patterns and make them as complicated or as simple as you want.

Time wasted: 20 minutes.

Rating: 7/10.

Cookie Clicker

Cookie Clicker is especially addictive because you can always keep it on in the background. The goal is to collect as many cookies as possible which you can use to buy more cookie-making machines. It’s a never-ending quest.

Time wasted: 2 months.

Rating: It’s either 1/10 or 10/10 depending on who you are.

Pointer Pointer

The website without a point! Roll your cursor over to any point on the screen and it’ll find an image that points exactly to where your cursor is.

Time wasted: 10 minutes.

Rating: 10/10.

This is Sand

Similar to Weave Silk, after 20 minutes on this website you’ll probably end up with an artsy image. Roll your cursor over to anywhere on the screen to drop sand.

Time wasted: 20 minutes.

Rating: 6/10 (I personally don’t have the patience for this).

These are all the best ways to distract yourself from studying. You can spend as much or as little time on these as you want. Finals can be stressful, so remember to take it easy and that your mental health trumps your grades.

(GIPHY)

Alishbah Arsalan is a graduating senior at Rutgers University majoring in Health Administration and minoring in Human Resource Management.