Ways to Celebrate Your Birthday In Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

I am going to be honest, celebrating your birthday during quarantine may seem like a helpless feat, but rest assured, there are plenty of things you can do to celebrate! I am one of the folks whose birthday is going to be during quarantine, so I’ve been forced to think of ideas on how to celebrate. Below, I have included some of my ideas!

Have a Car Parade

One idea that you may have seen circulating the internet is the car parade. I’m sure you’ve come across videos of family and friends lining up in front of the house of the person celebrating their birthday. I find this to be a great way to see your family and friends from a safe social distance!

Get the Whole Gang Involved

Another great way to celebrate is to enlist the help of some friends and family. Nothing says a party like all of your friends and family celebrating you! This is still possible with the magic of technology! Hop on a Zoom, Skype, WebEx, or whatever video chatting platform and schedule a group call. On these calls, you can all do an activity together like baking, singing, or just talking! The benefit of this is that there is no hassle in the post-party clean up!

Pour a Quarantini and Turn that Music Up!

If this is your 21st birthday like me, then your anticipated first step into a bar may have to be postponed. However, families and friends are not letting quarantine stop them from throwing a party! Set up a few lights and some music in the garage or a room in your house. Have someone play the role of bartender for the evening as well. It’ll be more fun than you think! Even ask friends to show signs in the windows!

An important factor to remember is that this is your birthday, and nothing will ruin that. Spend the day doing things that you love the most. It does not need to be an extravagant, over the top, event. Perhaps celebrating you means, finding an online yoga class, baking your favorite treat, painting, or pampering yourself. Once a year, you get to celebrate you and another trip around the sun! Make it count!

Kate Dobbs

Rutgers '21

Kate Dobbs is currently a sophomore attending Rutgers University New Brunswick. She is currently majoring in History on a secondary education track with a specialization in Special Education and Public History. Additionally she is a spinning instructor at Rutgers University. She aspires to help her future students succeed and be set on a path of success. Instagram: katedobbs
Cassidy hails from Delaware County, Pennsylvania and is an undergraduate Journalism and Media Studies major and Psychology minor at Rutgers University with a passion for telling stories. She is the current Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Rutgers.