Want to be a college influencer? Apply to these 4 Networks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Whether it’s through a viral TikTok video or an Instagram post, we all watch the content of famous creators and influencers who post breathtaking travel videos, red carpet premieres, and more!

When I became interested in being a college influencer, I thought to myself, “how insane would it be to go from leaving an early morning lecture to shooting a campaign for a brand?” This thought actually turned into a reality for me, and that’s why I want to dive into 4 networks to get you started on your influencer journey while also taking college courses. There is definitely a way to balance both.

In this article, I am going to introduce some incredible influencer platforms and how they can help build your networking and marketing skills. As a college student influencer, I’ve worked with some amazing brands and have been invited to networking and brand events. At these events, I was able to ask for internship advice directly from the CEOs of major companies. These platforms will also give you the opportunity to be invited to brand events and even land brand collaborations!

1. College fashionista

College Fashionista is a community for college students who love fashion! As a member, you will be able to explore opportunities like:

• Internships & job positions
  • Brand collaboration opportunities
  • Learning more about the fashion and media industries

As a College Fashionista member, I was able to work with Victor & Rolf, a fragrance company, and be part of their “Good Fortune” perfume campaign, receiving perfume samples to share and post about!

There are also College Fashionista writers who send articles about the latest fashion news, products to add to your Amazon wish list, and tips for fashion inspiration in our emails.

Their exciting campaign opportunities are always announced on their social media platforms and in weekly emails so members can have a chance to apply and be accepted. You can be part of the College Fashionista community by applying on their website!

2. Campus trendsetters

Campus Trendsetters is a network that has exciting paid and gifted brand collaboration opportunities. They also offer career help from their partner Generation Hired, a newsletter about trending beauty products, movie reviews, and incredible opportunities!

I was very lucky to work with Campus Trendsetters and receive their “Spring Self-Care Package” and their “Back-to-College kit.” I remember finding Campus Trendsetters through an Instagram post of their Back-to-College kit campaign, so I went to the application form and answered a few questions; lucky enough, I was accepted! After linking my social media platforms, I posted all the products I received from the kit from my favorite brands like:

• Glow Recipe
  • E.L.F Cosmetics
  • Joah Beauty
  • Proactiv
  • Cerave
  • Bumble

Interested in joining the Campus Trendsetters community? Apply now!

3. Intern queen

The third company on the list is the fantastic Intern Queen network! While the Intern Queen (IQ) agency is not the place to look for brand collaborations, it is your one-stop shop for learning about different careers, internship opportunities, college ambassador jobs, and more!

IQ connects content creators from their agency with brands like:

• Dunkin’ Donuts
  • Lululemon
  • Rowdy Energy
  • Hulu
  • Gruhhub

After joining the network, I was invited to attend the Intern Queen’s 12th Annual IQ party in New York City! There were CEOs and representatives from Dunkin’ Donuts, MTV, LTK, and other brands to give career and internship advice to anyone who attended the event!

Want to join the IQ community? Apply here!

4. Influencerher collective

Last, but definitely not least, is the InfluencerHer Collective community. Here, influencers and content creators can:

• Be invited to social media and brand events
  • Get paid & gifted collaborations
  • Read the newsletter for advice, content ideas, and trending news
  • Join a Facebook group chat with other InfluencerHer members to meet up (and even create content together)!

InfluenceHer Collective offers all these one-of-a-kind events & opportunities. If you want to meet new people with similar hobbies and interests, then signing up for this platform is the best place to start!

Convinced to join the InfluencerHer Collective community? Apply here!

Being part of these networks can not only start your influencer journey, but it’ll open doors to connecting with other student influencers and even brand CEOs through social events. You could land an internship at a company you always wanted to work with!

Once you apply, you will hear back from each of these networks. From there, you’ll have the chance to network, learn new college and career advice, and have a great time creating content while also taking classes throughout the year.

Valery Mendoza is a junior studying the business field at Rutgers University – New Brunswick. She is currently a member of Campus Trendsetters, Intern Queen and College Fashionista.