Tips to Throw a Superbowl Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Superbowl LI kicks off this Sunday and we’re letting you know how to host a successful Super Bowl party. Whether you’re rooting for the Falcons or Patriots or maybe your team didn’t make it; you can still have a fun time with your friends with the following tips!

Here’s What You’ll Need:  

Supplies

Easiest way to get giant platters, bowls, pitchers, as well as cups, plates, and utensils is at the dollar store! You can also get tablecloths to make the cleanup process easier as well as finding decorations to hang around.

Snack Attack

Is it really a Super Bowl party without wings, wings, and more wings! Who doesn’t love them? Satisfy your friends by giving them a variety of flavored wings. Pair them with chips and guacamole, salsa, or buffalo chicken dip. If there’s still room left in your guest’s bellies then get some cheeseburger sliders and pizza as well. Yummy!

Food Planning

When putting out food, it’s a good idea not to put everything out at once. You’re friends are probably very hungry and if you put everything out at once, they might eat everything long before the game is over. If you bring out food in batches, it will force everyone to slow down while making it seem like there’s a never ending supply of snacks! Just make sure you put some food out for when your friends get there.

Decorations

You can find fun football printables on Pinterest when it comes to party decorations. There are water bottle labels, straw toppers, etc. Check it out here.

Part grandma who enjoys baking, knitting, cats, and scarves while also part child who still can't handle anything remotely scary and always needs a blanket.
A Senior at Rutgers University double majoring in Political Science and Economics who loves books, Broadway, and petting dogs.