Things That UTRGV Students Can Do While Visiting Rutgers University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

We’re pairing up with our sister chapter this week, Her Campus University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV)! We’ll be giving them an inside scoop of campus life here at Rutgers University plus everything this school has to offer. We’re sure University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is great but have you ever wanted to explore another school?

Here are 5 things you need to put on your Rucketlist whenever you visit Rutgers University! This school has so many opportunities, at times it may seem like just too many to explore in a short four years. Nonetheless, we thought we highlight the things we love doing the most here on campus!

1. Hangout at The Yard

With outdoor entertainment on the jumbotron and eateries around, there’s just no other place we’d rather be. Bring your gals and enjoy MovieKnight every Wednesday, grab your yoga mats on Sunday for morning yoga, or kick back on your lunch break with Lyft’s live music performances every Friday.

Source

2. Catch a movie at Rutgers Cinema

Take a night away from studying and enjoy a movie at Rutgers Cinema. It’s also cheaper when you show your student ID! No student ID? No problem. There are still such good prices if you’re not a student! Plus, the theaters also double as classrooms which means for every seat there is a desk attached where you can conveniently keep your bag of popcorn.

Source

3. Eat at Playabowl, Tacoria, Fritz or get a stromboli at Stuff Yer Face

Stuff Yer Face is a Rutgers staple and is a great place to get a feel for the off-campus culture in New Brunswick. Tacoria, though a relatively new establishment, has quickly become a student favorite and is best enjoyed in nice weather because of the patio just out back.

Source

4. Go to a RUPA-sponsored event

It’s no secret that we love RUPA, Rutgers University Programming Association. From live concerts with previous artists like Logic and Aminé to Campus Hop with free food and fun to Homecoming Bed Races, there are just so many events for students here at Rutgers University!

Source

5. Ditch campus altogether and take a train (or bus) to New York City

Sure. Texas is nice, but there’s nothing quite like New York City- which is just an hour away from New Brunswick! We almost forgot to mention that there are even discounted student bus tickets from the Rutgers Student Activities Center, which makes going to the city a great way to spend your day off campus!

Source

So there you have it your very own Rucketlist for all on-campus fun here at Rutgers University. Of course, there are other things you can explore but these are just our top 5 favorite things to do. We hope you enjoy your time at Rutgers U!

Alexis Martin

Rutgers '19

Blogger Babe + Owl Lover. Currently a senior at Rutgers University pursuing a bachelor degree in Criminal Justice. Things I love more than HC... brunch, planning, the city, and of course Netflix! I also have a blog over at www.alexishoots.com! Go check it out if you loved this article!  
Keoni Nguyen is a former undergrad student at Rutgers University and the former Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Rutgers (2018-2019).