dan gold 6P 1ba qWDI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
dan gold 6P 1ba qWDI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

Things to Do At Rutgers Before the Spring Semester Ends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

The spring semester is rapidly coming to an end, and it is easy to drown in all of the assignments and final exams piled on us. However, taking some time off and appreciating the campus is important because before you know it, it will be time to say farewell. If you don’t know where to begin, don’t worry! In this article, I will introduce five things you can do at Rutgers before summer break.

Have a picnic

Find a nice place, perhaps near Passion Puddle on Cook or in Voorhees Mall on College Ave, lay down a blanket, and watch as the winter transitions to spring. Flowers have already begun to blossom on trees, and the petals rain down, making a beautiful environment for a picnic with friends. It is the perfect time to buy some snacks and sweets and enjoy a day out in the sun to truly appreciate the beauty of our campus.

Visiting the Zimmerli Art Museum

For an art enthusiast like me, the coming of spring means visiting countless art museums and taking in masterful paintings and sculptures. However, even those who can’t travel far or who are new to the art world don’t need to worry about beautiful art being out of reach. Located right on College Avenue Campus, the Zimmerli Art Museum is one of the most distinguished university museums, showcasing art from a variety of cultures and countries. Currently, some of the exhibitions on display are “Surface Tension” and “Picturing New Jersey.” If you ever find yourself free, it is definitely worth a visit.

Stargazing at the Serin Observatory

Yep, that’s right! You can stargaze on campus. On the second and fourth Thursdays of every month, you can observe the stars, moon, and planets through the telescope in the Robert A. Schommer Astronomical Observatory on Busch campus. How better than to end your day watching the night sky in all its glory?

Going to the Rutgers Cinema

What’s better than a movie and popcorn? Here at Rutgers, we have access to our very own cinema in the Livingston Plaza. With student discounts and weekly promos on concessions, like a FREE slushie on Wednesdays or $3 for small popcorn and soda on Tuesdays, the Rutgers Cinema is the perfect place to relax and rewind after classes. I recently watched the new Super Mario Bros. Movie (which I highly recommend), so take advantage of this theater and all it has to offer before the end of the semester!

Exploring the Rutgers Gardens

As April’s showers bring May flowers, it is the perfect time to visit the Rutgers botanical garden. The grass is green, the flowers have bloomed, and the trees are standing tall. With the arrival of warmer days, I am sure that a visit to the Rutgers Gardens will result in a memorable experience and a camera roll full of pictures.

There are dozens of things to do and places to explore at Rutgers, but I hope this list gives you some last-minute ideas as our spring semester comes to a close!

Halima Niazi

Rutgers '26

Halima is the Social Media Director of Her Campus at Rutgers. She is a sophomore, majoring in Cell Biology and Neuroscience and minoring in Creative Writing. She loves writing stories (and has aspirations to publish her own novel), dressing up, and eating sweets.