The Gift Guide Trifecta: Unique, Last-Minute, & Budget-Friendly Gifts 

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

So, you’ve left your holiday shopping for the last minute again. Or, maybe you’re just stuck on what to get that *one* person who seems to have everything and wants nothing. Don’t worry, I’ve got your back. Below you’ll find 4 different gifting categories to help you decide what kind of gift might suit the person you’re shopping for. For each category, I’ve provided some examples of unique gifts that will be sure to please whoever receives them. But. the best part? They’re all under $30! Happy gifting! 

Home Decor Gifts

Home decor is often overlooked because when we think of home-related gifts, vacuums, pots and pans, a grilling set, etc., always come to mind. Although these are great gifts, sometimes people just want cute display items that won’t break the bank.

Home decor is also the perfect gift because it’s something people always want but won’t buy for themselves, especially in this economy. I’m definitely guilty of seeing something cute and then convincing myself I don’t need it. If you know someone like me or someone who has an appreciation for stylish spaces, buy them some home decor. They’ll appreciate it endlessly!

As a starting point, here’s some inspiration for unique home decor gifts:

Heartfelt Gifts
Anna Schultz-Friends Cuddling In Holiday Pajamas
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

Remember when you used to give your parents a handmade card for their birthday? They always loved it because it showed that you cared. You can show your friends and family the same love by giving them a personal gift. It could be a gift related to an inside joke, a favorite hobby, a cherished childhood memory, or something else that means a lot to the person you’re gifting to.

Heartfelt gifts are very specific to each person, but these examples are really sincere, too:

Self-care Gifts

If the person you’re gifting to doesn’t seem like the sentimental type, maybe you can gift them something to pamper themselves with. After all, we don’t make “New Year New Me” resolutions for nothing. Self-improvement is very important to some people, and they’ll appreciate any effort from you to help them get there. Mindfulness books, a manicure kit, a free spa appointment, or a new gym bag are all great self-care gifts you can get for someone.

Here are more self-care gift ideas to help your loved one stay relaxed and motivated:

Fun Gifts

Just because we aren’t kids anymore doesn’t mean we can’t receive fun gifts, and I’m sure whoever you’re gifting to feels the same way. If you’re looking for a unique and entertaining gift for someone, there’s a whole world of options out there. You can get them board games, puzzles, crafting kits, books, and much more.

Everyone’s idea of fun is different, but I think these are gifts that everyone could enjoy:

And just for fun (see what I did there?), here’s a bonus gift idea:

That’s it for the gift guide! All of the gift ideas linked above are under $30 and should arrive before December 25. Hopefully, this guide made you feel inspired and confident in picking out a unique gift for your person. Happy holidays and good luck with your gifting endeavors!

Hey everyone! My name is Jeynelee (Jay-neh-lee) and I'm currently a sophomore at Rutgers New Brunswick majoring in Journalism and Media Studies and minoring in Digital Communication Information and Media (DCIM) and International and Global Studies. In my free time I love to watch movies, listen to music (lots of Taylor Swift usually), and learn new things.