nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

TEN EASY STEPS TO BECOME CHRISTMAS AF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Who’s pumped for Christmas?! Or should I say LITMAS? Christmas is the most important Holiday of the year! So we have to make sure we go all out. There are several things necessary to become Christmas AF. Decor, clothing, holiday movies, and most importantly FOOD!!

So grab your tinsel and let’s get started. Here’s everything you need to be Christmas AF!

1. GET A CHRISTMAS TREE

Owning a Christmas tree is the first step to getting into the Christmas spirit. You can get a small tree or a big boii if you’re really feeling Christmass af (or if you have enough room for it in your dorm)!

2. HANG UP CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

Christmas lights are a fun easy way to up your Christmas vibe as well as to add some liveliness to your room!

3. INVEST IN WARM FUZZY SOCKS

Get Your Fuzzy Socks Here!

Do not let your feet be cold this winter. Amazon has some really cute fuzzy sock options to keep your feet warm and toasty over the holidays!

4. CHRISTMAS ONESIE

Get Your Onesie Now!

Be warm in style this winter by purchasing a Reindeer onesie off of amazon to really embody the Christmas spirit!

5. COZY SWEATER

An cozy sweater is the best way to look fashionable while also cozy this winter. You can wear a cozy sweater on a date or even when you just roll out of bed and are running late to class. Just throw on some leggings and cute boots!

6. UGLY CHRISTMAS SWEATER

Get Your Ugly Christmas Sweater!

An Ugly Christmas sweater is a must! You never know when an Ugly Christmas Sweater contest is gonna pop up and you have to be prepared when it does!

7. ALWAYS KEEP HOT CHOCOLATE SUPPLIES ON STOCK (Candy Canes, Marshmallows, Whipped Cream)

Keep yourself warm with hot chocolate! You can buy hot chocolate mix at the corner store and do not forget the whip cream and marshmallows for extra tastiness!

8. BAKE CHRISTMAS COOKIES

Who doesn’t love an excuse to eat cookies? Decorating Christmas cookies is a creative way to show off your Christmas spirit! Not only are Christmas cookies delicious, but you can have fun with it by making different shaped sugar cookies and designing them with different color icing!

9. BUILD A GINGERBREAD HOUSE

Another fun way to feel “Christmassy” is to build a gingerbread house! You can do this alone or with friends and even turn it into a gingerbread making contest!!

10. WATCH CHRISTMAS MOVIES

Finally, once you have done all the other steps it is time to relax and start a Christmas movie marathon!!!

After baking, decorating, and dressing up, you’re ready for Santa baby! Let’s get this (ginger) bread! Following these steps will ensure you stay off of Santa’s naughty list. Stay cozy and warm this season.  And remember Christmas is not just a holiday it is a lifestyle!

“The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear”~ Jovie (Elf)

Grace Mastronardi is currently a Senior at Rutgers University studying Communications and Digital Media. When Grace is not writing, she can be found creating Reiki infused healing gemstone bracelets/chokers for her business GLAM GRACE GEMS, painting on a canvas, swimming in the ocean, or hiking with her precious dog Teddy!