Style > Beauty

Sweet & Sexy Fragrances for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

It’s Valentine’s Day. You’ve curled your hair, set your makeup, you’re wearing your favorite lingerie, and you’re about to top it all off with… Bath & Body Works perfume? *record scratch* Oh heck, no.

As Estée Lauder once said, “Perfume is like a new dress.” It’s a second layer that can spice up your look and help elevate your first impression on anyone. In fact, science has proven that scent could greatly influence one’s level of attraction towards you. So with that in mind, let’s not spend Valentine’s Day night smelling like “enchanted pink champagne vanilla wonderland,” ok? Instead, check out these five elegant, romantic, and irresistible perfumes that will last all night. 

5. Bombshell Seduction by Victoria’s Secret

Fragrance type: Warm floral

Notes: White peony, sage, velvet musk

Description: Sexy, alluring, warm

Victoria’s Secret – Bombshell Seduction

Listen, it’s a safe choice, but Bombshell Seduction is a classic. This perfume is sexy and intoxicating, and as an avid user of both the lotion and perfume, I can attest that this fragrance will deliver that boost of confidence all throughout the night (that’s right, all night). I highly recommend this warm, seductive perfume for romantic evening occasions– trust me, you’ll be turning heads everywhere you go.

(1.7 oz. $58)

4. Thank u, Next By Ariana Grande

Fragrance type: Floral gourmand

Notes: White pear, wild raspberry, creme de coconut, rose

Description: Fruity, sweet, sparkling

Ariana Grande – Thank U, Next

O.m.g. If the color pink could be a scent, it would smell like this perfume. Thank U, Next is sweet, playful, and fresh– wear it on cute, wholesome dates like brunch, baking, even ice skating! Since this perfume is on the sweeter, more flirtatious side, I recommend this perfume for girls in their late teens to mid-twenties.

(1.7 oz. $45)

3. Sì by giorgio armani

Fragrance type: Fruity floral

Notes: Rose, woody vanilla, blackcurrant nectar

Description: Sophisticated, juicy, sensual

Giorgio Armani – Sì

Once you take a whiff of , it will be hard to say no to buying the whole bottle. This fragrance smells deliciously juicy and floral, but at the same time, cool and mysterious. I highly recommend this perfume to ladies who prefer more mature, sophisticated scents for date nights. The combination of floral, fruity, and woody notes make this the perfect sweet and spicy fragrance.

(1 oz. $76)

2. Miss Dior by Dior

Fragrance type: Warm floral

Notes: Lily-of-the-valley, centifolia rose, soft musk, peony

Description: Elegant, feminine, delicate

Dior – Miss Dior

Oo-la-la! This perfume will make you smell ex-pen-sive. Miss Dior is such a soft and delicate perfume, it captures elegant femininity (and a little bit of heaven) in one bottle. The floral notes in Miss Dior are so fresh, natural, and clean, you will feel like the main character in a fairy tale. Wear this to spa night, a fancy dinner date, or if you just want to feel like a princess for a day.

(1 oz. $82)

1. Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf

Fragrance type: Warm & sweet gourmand

Notes: Jasmine, orange blossom, patchouli, rose, freesia

Description: Bold, floral, enchanting

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb

Out of the many perfumes I own, this is my favorite. Comparing the sizes of all the perfumes on this list, Flowerbomb is, unfortunately, the priciest option. Nevertheless, it deserves a spot up top when it comes to the best Valentine’s Day fragrances. The sweet floral notes of jasmine and rose pair so well with the delicious, warm vanilla base. The name is actually quite fitting– the scent is, indeed, bold (but not overpowering) and very rich. If you are looking to sneak into a Sephora just to spritz and go, definitely reach for this one.

(o.68 oz. $55)

No matter what your plans are for Valentine’s Day, you deserve to treat yourself and spend the day feeling confident and beautiful. Searching for the perfect perfume for you is a fun little adventure in itself, and it will make the final choice all the sweeter.

Sarah Xiao

Rutgers '22

Sarah is a senior at Rutgers University studying Education with a specialization in English, Communication with a specialization in PR, and Creative Writing. She plans on becoming a language arts teacher, where she can share her passion for writing and studying literature in a middle-school classroom. In her free time, she enjoys journaling, baking, online shopping, watching thrillers and rom-coms, and creating fashion & lifestyle content on Instagram.