The Start of Something New

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Hi,

My name is Alexis M. Martin and as many of you may know by now I am one of your Campus Correspondents. I wanted to officially welcome you all to Her Campus Rutgers but also to the start of something NEW. Last year, we wrote some amazing articles, laughed in meetings, and grabbed some bubble tea some nights. This school year, I want to do all of that again plus more. Although, we just kick-started the year there has already been a lot of new changes to our Her Campus Rutgers chapter. Whether that be our new branding which I hope you all love as much as I do, new faces added to our girl gang, or new people running our Her Campus Rutgers chapter like Keoni and myself.

This school year, I want to accomplish a lot within our chapter. So, in order to do that, I set up some aspirations for all of us. For starters, I really want to push for more content on our site. Let’s create more articles weekly about things we love, things we hate, things we can’t believe are happening in the world around us, etc. Let’s write and then write some more. Let’s all use our voices through writing and let it reach our readers and be influential in their lives. If you don’t think you’re much of a writer or your not good at writing let’s change that as well. Often times, I hear “Alexis, I am a bad writer.” I am here to tell you that no one is a “bad writer”. We all have different stories to tell, so let’s do that in different ways.

Aside from the work of creating content, I also want our chapter to be and feel like a community. We all love Her Campus for different reasons but ultimately, this is what brought us all together. Let’s capitalize on that and build friendships through Her Campus Rutgers. Get ready for cheesy icebreakers, bonding sessions after meetings, and hangouts on the weekend if you are available. Usually, when people join clubs they do so to make friends. That is what I want Her Campus Rutgers to be about.

Lastly, I want to grow Her Campus Rutgers on our campus. We go to such a big school and this amazing student organization should be known by a lot more people. Everyone should be talking about Her Campus Rutgers and why it’s such a cool thing to be a part of. This year I want to push for more marketing and  PR of Her Campus Rutgers. As well as a whole lot of, social media exposure. So, be on the lookout for really fun events, lots of social media posts, and all things HC on the Rutgers New Brunswick Campus.

I hope you’re ready for what’s in store this year. I promise, it will be a wonderful time and we’ll be creating memories that will last a lifetime! Here’s to the best Her Campus Rutgers year yet.

HCXO,

Alexis M. Martin

Your Her Campus Rutgers Campus Correspondent

Alexis Martin

Rutgers '19

Blogger Babe + Owl Lover. Currently a senior at Rutgers University pursuing a bachelor degree in Criminal Justice. Things I love more than HC... brunch, planning, the city, and of course Netflix! I also have a blog over at www.alexishoots.com! Go check it out if you loved this article!  
Keoni Nguyen is a former undergrad student at Rutgers University and the former Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Rutgers (2018-2019).