This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Spring 2018 Necessities

Another winter (nearly) gone means spring and new spring goodies to try. Here is what our editors thought about these products!

Hawaiian Green Tea Sunscreen SPF 45

Grace: As the weather starts to warm up, I always make sure to put on sunscreen daily (Yes! Even when it’s cloudy) to protect my skin. My favorite part about this sunscreen is that it is vegetarian AND sustainable! I love it when products function just as well as products we are used to but can be better for you and the environment.

Katelyn: Sunscreen is an absolute must for me in the summer but I never really liked the way most sunscreens smelled. But this sunscreen doesn’t have that traditional sunscreen smell and its SPF 45 which makes it perfect!

Almay Shadow Squad™ Eyeshadow

Grace: There are SO many shades that you can get and it’s so compact! Perfect for vacations because it comes with 4 different finishes as well. My favorite is the pink because it matches the cherry blossoms.

Katelyn: I’m not usually big into eyeshadow but these are so versatile! I love the different finishes.

Superstar Queen for a Day Spray Thickening Spray

Grace: I have been looking for an affordable thickening spray everywhere and I can say my search is finally over. My hair often lacks volume at the top because of the length that weighs my hair down. No more with this voluminous spray!

Katelyn: My hair almost always looks a little flat, even when it’s curled. This spray gives me the volume at my roots I always wanted and makes my curls look even better when I spray it all over.

Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray

Grace: After I curl my hair, the flyaways and frizz that results totally kills the cool-girl vibe I was going for. Luckily, this spray fixes it all and smells great on top of it!

Katelyn: I have a ton of flyaways and baby hairs that always seem to want to stick up in the wrong direction. With this spray, I can manage those hairs and keep my hair looking sleek.

Va-Va-Plump Shiny Liquid Lipstick in Wine Me

Grace: Matte lips will always stay in fashion, but glossy, lacquered lips are back for spring! This liquid lip brings life back into your lips (none of that dry and crusty winter lip) so you can be your best spring self.

Katelyn: I have a ton of liquid lipsticks and this is a gem to add to any collection. The color is awesome and perfect for spring.

Krazy Glue All Purpose Singles 4ct.-0.5g

Grace: These are the best for quick fixes! I had a belt that was unraveling so I just quickly used a single to fix it. Super (glue) convenient.

Katelyn: We’ve all broken a mug or two and this glue makes is super convenient to fix. I like the small size so I don’t have to worry about wasting a huge tube if I don’t need it for a while!

L’Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes

Grace: My body is unevenly tan (arms and legs dark, feet and torso pale). To help with the inconsistency, I use the wipes to even it out.

Katelyn: I’m super pale so these are a blessing since the weather is still so cold. Get in the mood for spring with a headstart on that tanned look.

These products helped us say goodbye to the winter blues and we hope you love them too!

Part grandma who enjoys baking, knitting, cats, and scarves while also part child who still can't handle anything remotely scary and always needs a blanket.
A Senior at Rutgers University double majoring in Political Science and Economics who loves books, Broadway, and petting dogs.
Born and raised in Northern New Jersey, Faith attends Rutgers University in New Brunswick, where she plans to major in Psychology and minor in Philosophy and Criminology.  Faith enjoys writing and traveling. She loves cats, books, and the color blue. In the future, Faith would like to attend law school.