Spilling The Tea: Hottest Fall Teas to Try This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Everyone knows the most popular coffee flavors this fall. At this point, who hasn’t heard of the pumpkin spiced or maple pecan latte? What seems to be forgotten is tea, coffee’s less caffeinated and more high-class friend. As someone who drinks tea as well as coffee, I sometimes prefer tea because it’s more soothing and calming than a cup of coffee. This fall, I encourage everyone to try out some of this season’s hottest (pun very intended) fall tea flavors.

Cinnamon Apple Spice Herbal Tea

Considering how fall is basically synonymous with apple-picking and apple cider, this tea from Celestial Seasonings is a perfect way to celebrate the season. Especially with the combination of spicy from the cinnamon and sweetness from the apple, this tea is both very delicious and comforting.

Salted Caramel Black Tea

For those who aren’t into the traditional pumpkin or apple, this sweet and salty tea from Bigelow might be up your alley. Since it’s a black tea, it has many health benefits since it’s abundant in antioxidants. It’s also caffeinated, so it would be a great tea to drink before your morning classes!

Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea

Pumpkin spice lattes, move out of the way—pumpkin spice chai teas are the new best pumpkin spiced thing. If you have never had chai tea, it’s a traditional Indian tea made from a mix of black tea, ginger, and spices. The combination of pumpkin spice with this tea makes for a yummy and definitely autumnal treat.

Butterscotch and Pecan Tea

A more unique tea this season is the butterscotch and pecan tea from the Flying Leaf Tea Co. This tea is also loose leaf, which usually tastes better because it’s considered more authentic and has a stronger flavor. Described as slightly sweet and spicy, this tea is perfect for the adventurous!

Coffee is great, but there’s nothing like a steaming cup of tea on a cool autumn morning to energize you throughout the day or at night to calm you down as you wind down. Hopefully one of these flavors catches your eye the next time you’re at the supermarket or in line at the coffee shop!

Hey, my name is Catherine Nguyen and I'm an undergraduate student at RU-New Brunswick! I'm planning on double majoring in English and actuarial mathematics. I love 90's hip hop, pineapple pizza and reading.