Rutgers Cribs: Dorm Rooms On Campus That We Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Moving back to college can be a stressful time for many of us. It’s a reminder that soon we’ll be writing papers, studying for exams, and pulling all-nighters at club Alex. However, it can also be a rather exciting time because it’s a chance for us to decorate our dorm rooms once again! Our dorm rooms can represent who we are, the places we’ve traveled, and a few things we love. We asked some of our Her Campus Rutgers girls to share pictures of their dorm rooms with us.  If you are still looking for ways to transform your dorm room even after move in we’ve got you covered. Here is some dorm room inspo for every college girl at Rutgers University.

MTV, Welcome to Our Cribs!

The Dreamer

Hayley Wagner is a dreamer. Take a look around and get to know her a little better. Hayley shares a room with her cat in her off-campus apartment. She turned her boring white walls to gray. She did this because she loves cool neutral tones and wanted to showcase that in her room. Hayley feels it makes for a cleaner effect.

The Traveler

Keoni Nguyen is a traveler. She has been fortunate enough to visit cool places like Hawaii and Vietnam. She didn’t just bring a boring Hawaiian shirt back as a souvenir. Instead she brought Hawaii to her dorm room. She set up  a huge floral tapestry and hung string lights to create a focal point for her room. Then she incorporated colors that reminded her of the islands like different shades of pink, orange, and green. Lastly, she decorated her desk with wood statues of two elephants which just so happen to be the national animal of Thailand and of course added a mini license plate with her name on it from Hawaii.

The Girly Girl

Kate Dobbs is a girly girl. So, of course when decorating her room she couldn’t resist putting together a color scheme that included pink. She also paired her pretty in pink with hints of white and marble styles. She is a true believer that brighter colors have a way of being mood boosters. R U with her?

The Cool, Comfortable and Cozy Girl

Sana Colter loves to come home from a long day of classes and be surrounded by things that make her feel comfortable. Whether that is her plant, essential oil diffuser, laptop, or poster of one of her favorite shows. Her room is predominately in the shade of blue which creates a cozier and calming vibe.

The Bohemian Chic Queen

Catherine Perry is a boho-chic queen. She feels twinkle lights, colorful wall art, and fun decorations are a must-have in your dorm room. Catherine believes those little details can transform your room into a happier and warmer atmosphere. She loves waking up in her room and of course going to sleep in it.

The Out of State Girl

Cassidy Smedley lives in PA but found a way to bring home to RU. In her room, you can find Philly photographs that help remind her home is always near even on her worst days.  Her space is relaxing and a perfect place to come to hang, read a book, or binge watch Netflix.

The Artist

Juhi Patel went neutrals for her color scheme but added pops of yellow to brighten up her space. In her downtime, you can catch her painting canvases. She used this to her advantage when finding prints for her wall. When she couldn’t find anything on the internet she liked she instead created what she wanted.

The Archivist

Divya Bhagat loves capturing memories of her friends, family, and fun times she has had in her life. They say pictures are worth a thousand words and she uses hers to create a story in her space. Her wall is filled with pictures that take you to different points in her life.

We would love to see your dorm room on or off campus! Hashtag #HCRUDORM in all your dorm room photos and we’ll post you on our social media pages!

If you loved this article visit www.alexishoots.com to see a room tour of my dorm as well.

Alexis Martin

Rutgers '19

Blogger Babe + Owl Lover. Currently a senior at Rutgers University pursuing a bachelor degree in Criminal Justice. Things I love more than HC... brunch, planning, the city, and of course Netflix! I also have a blog over at www.alexishoots.com! Go check it out if you loved this article!  
Keoni Nguyen is a former undergrad student at Rutgers University and the former Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Rutgers (2018-2019).