Our Favorite Her Campus Rutgers Articles From 2017-2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

At Her Campus Rutgers, we value the articles that are relatable and down-to-earth but also the ones that tell the stories that need to be told. We’d like to recognize our favorite Her Campus Rutgers stories from 2017-2018 that deserve particular recognition for their attention to detail, desire to provide a different perspective or genuine voice. Here they are!

Are you interested in finding love (or maybe something a little less complicated than that) in the world of online dating apps like Tinder and Bumble? Grace and Katelyn have got you covered with their quick takes on the pros and cons of Tinder, Bumble, and Coffee Meets Bagel in “Three Types Of College Dating And The Dating Apps For Them.”

Shreya covers the Rutgers visit of Tarana Burke, creator of the #MeToo movement that sent waves of change throughout Hollywood.

In “HAIRitage 2018,” Nuha covers the second annual HAIRitage Conference, which celebrates the beauty of hair and Black and Afro-Latina cultures that are not embraced enough in Hollywood.

Are you in the mood to watch a heart-stopping thriller? Or a heart-warming animated movie? In “Oscar-Winning Movies Worth Watching,” Keoni curates a diverse list of Academy Award-winning movies that will satisfy any of your movie itches.

Alexis reports on and provides a personal account of the serious mold problem that is plaguing Rutgers University on-campus apartments. which are putting the health and safety of on-campus Rutgers students at risk.

Grace defends women’s decision to wear whatever they want on Halloween, whether it be a skimpy or completely covered outfit, in the poignant “It’s Time To Stop Judging Halloween Costumes.”

In “Why Can’t We Talk About The Kardashians?” Hannah defends the legacy of the Kardashian family, providing a different take on why the family’s fame and success are well-deserved.

Keoni Nguyen is a former undergrad student at Rutgers University and the former Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Rutgers (2018-2019).