lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Not Another Zodiac Compatibiliy Article: Scorpio Compatibility In A Nutshell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Let’s be real ladies, once we really start talking to someone new, one of the first things we do is check our zodiac compatibility with our new boo. Now, we can’t solely rely on astrology to find our future partner, but there are undeniably certain traits that are unique to all twelve signs—especially Scorpios.

Scorpios are notoriously known for being mysterious, secretive, emotional, and sexual.

Scorpio women value security, certainty, and want constant reassurance that they’re loved. When Scorpio’s get upset, their wrath isn’t friendly. She may seek revenge or just completely ignore you.

While it may not seem like there are any compatible partners for the illusive Scorpio, there are some pairings that have proven to be successful.

Most Compatible: (Pisces, Capricorn)

Pisces: Pisces and Scorpio get along famously for several reasons. They both function and operate on instinct and emotional energy, being that they’re both water signs. The biggest positive of this relationship is the physical and sexual aspect that they build with each other. If they happen to be creatives, the passion from their relationship could be an inspiration for some of their greatest work (looking at you Drake & Rihanna).

Pisces also know how to naturally be romantic (flowers, chocolate, dates, etc), which is a turn-on for Scorpios.

Like most relationships, there are downsides. One of the downsides to the relationship is the passiveness of Pisces, and the Scorpio’s need for control. This is one of the best matches in the zodiac, but for it to work, Scorpio must practice relinquishing control from time to time.

Capricorn: Upon first look, many people might think Capricorn’s and Scorpio’s can be considered a strange pair due to Capricorn’s notoriety for being very practical, and Scorpio on the emotional side—but they actually make one of the best matches!

Capricorns and Scorpios share similar values; they’re hard workers and both value security. Both signs are reserved, and would most definitely prefer a Netflix night in rather than a party, which is definitely more Scorpio’s speed. Another upside to this pair is that Capricorns know how to deal with Scorpio’s mood swings. They know when to give them space and when they need comfort.

A potential downside is the difference in thinking. Capricorns like playing by the rules, using their head rather than their heart, whereas Scorpio’s use their heart and intuition to make decisions.

Less Compatible: (Libra, Virgo)

Virgo: She is drawn to Virgos practicality and perfection. He is drawn to her ambitious nature and determination. Scorpios and Virgos like connecting on a deeper level. Both signs are comfortable being alone and staying in, but also don’t mind a get-together with close friends.

Things can get tricky for these two when it comes to trust. This pairing can really go downhill due to trust. Virgos crave a straight forward partner and Scorpios close themselves off until they feel like they can trust their partner.

Libra: Libras and Scorpios have a deep, inexplicable pull towards each other. The mystery of a Scorpio draws a Libra in and Libra’s charm keeps Scorpio interested. A Libra man and Scorpio woman will only grow stronger with time for she will be eager to explore his innovative and intelligent self. He will be one of the lucky few to get her to open up.

Where their relationship can get tricky is Scorpio’s emotional nature and Libra’s need for harmony and balance. If Scorpio is too overwhelming with her emotions, she can push away a Libra.

Least Compatible: (Sagittarius)

Sagittarius: Sag and Scorpio are adjacent signs, which many astrologers say usually don’t vibe well together. Women are often considered the queens of passion and take matters of love seriously. Sagittarius guys are a lot more easygoing and free-spirited, which is where they run into problems.

Sag men don’t usually hop at commitment the first chance they get. Scorpio women usually like to know where they stand when it comes to their partners. Eventually, Scorpio will get tired of waiting, Sag won’t like the pressure, and these two’s relationship could be headed for trouble.

These pairings are just a few combinations of many. There are many different factors that can impact compatibility such as moon signs and ascendants, but that’s for a different article. ;)

Ray Elise Rhodes is a Communication & PR major at Rutgers. Originally from San Francisco, California, she has completed several internships and programs pertaining to her career goals in journalism, content creation and digital marketing. In her free time, she enjoys exercising, modeling, and curating content on her Instagram page. She pretty much lives on social media, follows numerous news and entertainment Instagram accounts, and is on top of trending stories almost as soon as they happen. Ray has been an avid HerCampus reader since her senior year of high school and walked in two shows for HerCampus' College Fashion Week in 2017. Although her focus is in the entertainment industry, Ray also uses her various platforms to advocate for the black community, women of color, and other marginalized groups. For suggestions, hate mail, and/or compliments, send her a direct message on her Instagram or other social media accounts provided below.